Basic pitching mechanics

Hello,
My name is Laurent, I’m 41 and I’m from France.
I’ve always been passionated by baseball, but here, in France, that’s not a popular sport (approximately 12k persons who have a licence on a 65.000.000 total population).

I love pitching but struggle to throw fast. I can barely reach 60 mph and I think it’s a mechanical problem, I’ve the feeling I don’t transfer energy efficiently.

For what I know (or I think it’s correct), the body in pitching is divided in 4 “floors” (legs, hips, trunk, arm) which rotate one after the other (legs first, then hips, then trunk, then arm). I know there must have a separation between hips and shoulders.

I’ve got two interrogations :

1. Are all “floors” (or segments, maybe a better term) rotating “actively” or some are “passive” ? When I’m talking with these terms, I want to say “forcefully rotated” (active) and rotated by the previous segment (passive).

2. Some people talk of pushing against the rubber (the “King of the hill” tool seems to be ok with that) and some say to not do It. I don’t know what is the truth at this subject?

Here we do not really have pitching coaches, it’s very difficult to have a real teaching of basics mechanics behind pitching. Is it possible to help me please ? Consider you explain pitching mechanics to a child :slight_smile:
Thanks a lot in advance,
Regards

Hopefully, the following articles will be of use to you:

New Britain, CT: Home of the World's Fastest Fastball

Sounds unbelievable, but I was signed by Orioles great Paul Blair (1944 - 2013) to play in the Empire State Baseball League in 1987, who said, "You throw hard, kid! Too bad he didn’t tell me at the time about Dalko whom he saw throw bullets in Baltimore Spring Training camp (1963).

In the next section, I include links to my research into pitching mechanics - that I believe offer good advice for slowing the rash of throwing injuries in baseball.

When I Pronate - I Don't Pronate - I Power-Pronate

Latest Victim of Pole-vault Pitching (Straight-Front Leg Landing)

Enjoy the day,

Prof. Don

Don R. Mueller, Ph.D.

Thanks but, no, not really useful.

Well, I suggest you learn some physics.