Baseball Tryout Camp

Hey guys whats up. Next week i have a pretty big tryout camp coming up. If i do make it then i will be playing teams from all over Canada.

Anyways my question is this:
When they ask me to pitch and they have the radar gun on me. Should i try to throw as hard as i can. My control might be a little off. Or should i slow it down a bit and hit the target every pitch.

I am thinking i should throw it as hard as i can even if my control might be a little off. Nothing to serious though. But ya what should i do. I throw consistently 79-81mph. And my arm feels faster than what it was 2-3 weeks ago. So ya my arm might even be faster.

I think i will make the camp. Because its only for 16-17 year old kids. That means i am the oldest. They pick 40 kids from our province. I doubt that over 40 kids of the age of 16-17 would throw higher than like 85mph. So i think i have a really really good chance of making it.

Please answer my questions. And also do you think i will make it?

Throw at least two pitches at max velocity!

Brian

Show them your control because coaches hate walks then dial it up at the end it shows you can spot your pitches but if needed can rear back. Because more importantly you want to show both aspects control and velocity so if for the most part they see your control is good then when you dial it up they see velocity if that makes any sense at all.

I’m going to give you an answer from the other side of the table. Take it for what it’s worth.

I’m looking for a pitcher who will show me what I can depend on from that time on. I’m not looking for a flash in the pan, I’m not looking for a pitcher who is going to crank-it just to impress me. I’ve got a ton of paperwork to fill out and I find no humor in staying up all night, in some discount motel room, filling out this-n that, just so I can worry about it later on when it comes time to rehire me.

Don’t do things that no one can use. Be yourself. Give me something worth sending back for others to bank on. Your going for a job interview - act like it.

1. Bring your Sunday-go-to-meeting stuff.
  2. Bring a smile and a personality that says you won’t do something stupid later on, especially when a person sticks a microphone in your face.
  3. Be ready to be you, not someone you thing I want you to be.
  4. SMILE, SMILE, SMILE. At least look like your enjoying yourself. If this is work for you, and your really not cut out for the pressure, I’ll know quick enough. (it’s part of my job, and I’m good at it.)

Any questions?

Coach B.

[quote=“baseballkid111”]Hey guys whats up. Next week i have a pretty big tryout camp coming up. If i do make it then i will be playing teams from all over Canada.

Anyways my question is this:
When they ask me to pitch and they have the radar gun on me. Should i try to throw as hard as i can. My control might be a little off. Or should i slow it down a bit and hit the target every pitch.

I am thinking i should throw it as hard as i can even if my control might be a little off. Nothing to serious though. But ya what should i do. I throw consistently 79-81mph. And my arm feels faster than what it was 2-3 weeks ago. So ya my arm might even be faster.

I think i will make the camp. Because its only for 16-17 year old kids. That means i am the oldest. They pick 40 kids from our province. I doubt that over 40 kids of the age of 16-17 would throw higher than like 85mph. So i think i have a really really good chance of making it.

Please answer my questions. And also do you think i will make it?[/quote]

I’m not sure what you’re teams are like out in alberta for that age(I think that’s where you’re from) or what kind of selection you guys have out there but I would say speaking from 16-17 year old kids I’ve seen around here it will be an uphill battle throwing only 81 mph for a team that is going to be playing teams from throughout Canada. I would try to show you can hit spots, and work your off speed but if you’re up in a count and can use a fastball, let it go 100% just so they can see what you can really throw when you need it.

ya dude usually kids throw around probaly 70mph for the average fastball i would say. But definitely their are probaly maybe a few that would throw 90mph. Also i got gunned at 80-82mph today so ya. I am getting faster. The tournament is in august by the way. But they do the tryout now so they can do practices and such. I also play on a team already.

But ya i would say most pitchers in our league throw like 70mph bro. I am really really fast pitcher dude and my era for this year is 2.6.

Also we only play for 3 months because it snows crazy up here. But ya i am pretty sure that i will make the team. They take like 40kids and cut it down to about 20. So i am sure i will be on of the 40kids.
But ya 82mph should be good shouldn’t. Like i am only 17 years old. I still have this year to gain mph. I want to hit about 85mph by the end of august. And then i still have all winter and next year to play.
Also i am about 5"11 and 170 pounds. But i am still growing.

People in the majors throw like 88-90mph and they are like 25-30 years old.
Would you say 82mph would be good now considering most pitchers throw like 70mph. I highly doubt their would be 40 kids that would throw like 85-90mph. There are only 10 tryout camps. So i would say maybe 1 good pitcher from each camp. I am pretty confident iw ill make it.

What do you think now. Do you think i will make it bro.