Baseball Supplement Awards

Here is an idea I had last night. Why don’t we have a type of award show for the Best Baseball Supplements for different catagories? What do you guys think? Here are the categories so far:

Best Supplement Before A Practice:
Best Supplement After A Practice:
Best Supplement Before A Game:
Best Supplement After A Game:
Best Supplement Before A Workout:
Best Supplement After A Workout:
Best Morning Supplement:
Best Afternoon Supplement:
Best Evening Supplement:

Post your nominations for each category in this topic and then we will vote. Also, feel free to post suggestions for other categories to vote on.

[quote=“MattG”]Here is an idea I had last night. Why don’t we have a type of award show for the Best Baseball Supplements for different catagories? What do you guys think? Here are the categories so far:

Best Supplement Before A Practice:
Best Supplement After A Practice:
Best Supplement Before A Game:
Best Supplement After A Game:
Best Supplement Before A Workout:
Best Supplement After A Workout:
Best Morning Supplement:
Best Afternoon Supplement:
Best Evening Supplement:

Post your nominations for each category in this topic and then we will vote. Also, feel free to post suggestions for other categories to vote on.[/quote]

Protein protein protein protein…and caffiene.

BTW, why are you throwing a slider at 14 years old???

[quote=“MattG”]Here is an idea I had last night. Why don’t we have a type of award show for the Best Baseball Supplements for different catagories? What do you guys think? Here are the categories so far:

Best Supplement Before A Practice: EAS Muscle Armor
Best Supplement After A Practice: EAS Myoplex Shake
Best Supplement Before A Game: Same as Practice
Best Supplement After A Game: Same as Practice
Best Supplement Before A Workout: EAS Phosphagen Elite (Take Muscle Armor here as well if you didn’t take it at practice.)
Best Supplement After A Workout: EAS Myoplex Shake
Best Morning Supplement: EAS Athlete’s Defense Multivitamin and some type of Fish Oil Caps w/ Breakfast
Best Afternoon Supplement: EAS Myoplex Lite Bar or a Banana or some other fruit. - 3 hrs after Lunch
Best Evening Supplement: A good night’s sleep.

Post your nominations for each category in this topic and then we will vote. Also, feel free to post suggestions for other categories to vote on.[/quote]

I have an EAS bias. 8)

And try to stay away from the caffeine…

BTW, why are you throwing a slider at 14 years old???[/quote]
Because my slider is nasty, it fools the batters, and it’s much better then a curveball, in my opinion. You’ve never seen my slider.

Because my slider is nasty, it fools the batters, and it’s much better then a curveball, in my opinion. You’ve never seen my slider.[/quote]

It doesn’t matter if we’ve seen your slider. It’s good that you can fool batters at 14 but throwing a slider at the age can have some serious effects on your arm. Especially throwing both a slider and curveball. I’d limit those pitches and try to throw more change-ups. I’d throw around 70% fastballs, 20-25% change-ups, and at the very most, 5-10% sliders.

Be careful with your arm. You only get one…

I only ever throw my slider when I’m up on a batter 0-2 or maybe 1-2. And I usually even don’t do it that often. I do mostly use my changeup, but most of the time on 0-2 and 1-2, I just blast another fastball by him. I probably use it as much as NPA Pitcher said (5-10%).

Now I love eas as much as the next guy, and their products are probably some of the best on the market. However, if you were to follow that supplement regimen on a daily basis, your probably spending about 500-600 a month.

My recommendation would be to replace some of the more expensive eas mixtures such as muscle armor with generic glutamine and arginine since those are the basic ingredients. Oh and Im a fan of a ZMA before bed.

But like I said before, eas makes some of the best stuff on the market and if you can afford it go for it. And another question i got is, why do you recommend staying away from caffeine?

I have a deal with EAS. 50% off all their products, so it’s just like buying anything else. Otherwise, yes, it can get pretty pricey. It all depends what you want to put in your body, though.

• I’ll answer your question about caffeine later. Probably tomorrow. I’ve got a game to get to. I’m going to give you a very detailed answer, and I don’t have the time to do it right now.

14 years old makes you what, a freshman/sophomore in high school?

Cmon, this isn’t little league guys… It’s fine to be throwing a slider at that age…

Most sliders are just slurves anyway, which is alot less strain on the arm. I barely ever see “true” sliders, even on my own teams pitching staff.

I’m a Freshman come September.

I am going to be training this off-season, and will be using supplements. I am thinking of using the EAS Muscle Armor before workouts and the EAS Myoplex Shake after them. Do you think that I should be including something else to improve my strength gain? I would like to have a wider supplement regimen but as 808k said, I wouldn’t want to spend 500-600$ a month. Does anyone know of a list of supplements that would be a cheaper option?

Just so you know, Muscle Armor is the most expensive supplement they make. EAS’ multivitamin is pretty inexpensive.

As for price: I’ll try to make an example. If you workout 4 days a week in the month of August, M,T,Th,F, that’s 17 days of workouts. A bottle of Muscle Armor is $90 a bottle and the regular Myoplex shakes cost $110 for 42 servings. So, Muscle Armor will last you nearly 2 months while the Myoplex shakes will last around 2 1/3 months. So you’re looking at approximately $120 a month in supplements. If you throw in the multivitamin, which you will take everyday, it will be around $140 a month. As for creatine, if you were to buy EAS" Phoshagen Elite, it would raise the total to $170 a month. Phosphagen Elite comes in a 40 serving bottle and goes for $59.99. (It says 20 servings on the website, but that’s only if you use 2 scoops. You don’t need more than one.)

So, with a multivitamin, a protein shake, a recovery drink, and a creatine drink, you are looking at anywhere from $150 to $180 a month. I know I said $170 earlier, but it’s hard to say how much you’ll use, and what kind of program you follow. I don’t think that’s all that bad. It’s more expensive than a lot others, but it’s not $500 or $600 a month.

Hope this helps.

[quote=“NPA Pitcher”]I have a deal with EAS. 50% off all their products, so it’s just like buying anything else. Otherwise, yes, it can get pretty pricey. It all depends what you want to put in your body, though.

• I’ll answer your question about caffeine later. Probably tomorrow. I’ve got a game to get to. I’m going to give you a very detailed answer, and I don’t have the time to do it right now.[/quote]
    What kind of work do you do with them to get 50% off all their products?

I worked out at the Athletes’ Performance in Florida, and I met with one of their regional sales reps. They send me a new price list every year with the new prices, but it’s always 50% off.

Edit: I guess you could say they consider it an investment…

[quote=“NPA Pitcher”]I worked out at the Athletes’ Performance in Florida, and I met with one of their regional sales reps. They send me a new price list every year with the new prices, but it’s always 50% off.

Edit: I guess you could say they consider it an investment…[/quote]

As an athlete, you can (and should) actually write off nutritional supplements on your taxes.

How much can you get back if I were to spend $50 on supplements.

It only becomes advantageous if the amount you deduct for supplements, clothing, gear, etc., is more than the automatic deduction you already get. I think it’s $2,000 or so. Might want to double check. So if you spend more, you’ll want to keep your receipts. If you spend less, don’t worry about it.

But remember, this only works if your “job” is a professional athlete.

Haha thats what I thought.

muscletech has some great ones, especially the naNO vapor. that stuff is amazing. more geared towards intense bodybuilding but what ever. i had the best workout of my life after a dose of that. plus you cannot beat the taste of the orange haze flavor.

Because my slider is nasty, it fools the batters, and it’s much better then a curveball, in my opinion. You’ve never seen my slider.[/quote]

I dont need to see it to know that you should not be throwing it.