Baseball Season Pitching Log

As baseball season is almost here, I will be doing a log for my season. I will try to post at least once or twice a week on practice and workouts and such.

Basics:
Height: 6"4
Weight: 195 lbs
Submarine Pitcher
Velocity: 74-76, tops 78
2 Pitches: 2-seam/Slider

Goals:
6 wins
Under a 2.50 era
2:1 K/BB ratio
Win our District
Velocity touching 81 by end of summer

Workout:
Haven’t hit the weight room in quite a while, however I do a lot of core work at least 3 days a week. Goal is to get on a In-Season weight lifting plan and be 200 by end of season. Also, my goal is to start focusing more on doing my bands as I have slacked off there as well. I am also going to start YOGA to improve flexibility and “leverage” for submarine pitching, hoping all this leads to my goal of 81 before the start of my senior year.

Just gonna use this as added motivation. Any more information that needs to be added let me know and I’ll update it, also feel free to ask questions. Going to also be putting videos of bullpens and games on here as well. Thanks

Looking forward to seeing your progress this season. Keep working hard and good luck.

Baseball season has officially started. We had a scrimmage game last weekend where I pitched 2 innings giving up 1 run, and our first official game is coming up this weekend. Don’t know if we will be able to play however due to the cold/rainy weather. Still doing lots of core work but haven’t started on the YOGA. I plan on starting this week but I have been extremely busy lately.

Question: Would it be better to do YOGA in the mornings or afternoons? How long does it take for you to see some results (more flexible, balanced, etc)

Doesn’t matter. I’d do it at night. Find a time when you can be consistent with it…will help you be more successful.

Do you have a preferred program or video to recommend I could order to do everyday? I have a P90X yoga video at the moment would that transition into baseball however?