Baseball Prayer

Thought this was neat:

"GOD…GRANT ME THE WISDOM, TO TELL A STRIKE FROM A BALL,
TO KNOW WHERE TO THROW AND NEVER FALL.
KEEP ME ALWAYS IN THE BASELINE,RUNNING STRAIGHT
AND TRUE AND I WILL LOOK FOR YOUR SIGN, TO STRETCH ONE
INTO TWO

** GOD…GIVE ME WISDOM, TO SEE EVERY PITCH, SO IF A PLAYER NEEDS HELP, THEN I WILL SEE WHICH.
LET ME ALWAYS HUSTLE, SO I WILL BE MY BEST AND TAKE PRIDE IN MYSELF, IN SPORTS AND THE REST

** GOD…BE MY STRENGH, WHEN I THROW A BALL, WHEN I AM FAR AWAY FROM HOMEPLATE, OR AGAINST A WALL.
SO, I WILL NEVER MISS A BASE, PLEASE GUIDE MY FEET, BRING ME HOME SAFELY,SO MY JOB IS COMPLETE.

** GOD …LET ME ALWAYS DO MY BEST SO MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY WILL BE PROUD.WHEN I HELP YOUNGER PLAYERS,
LET ME ALWAYS GIVE PRAISE, SO THEY WILL SEE IN ME,MY BEST

** GOD…GUIDE OUR MANAGERS,COACHES,TRAINERS AND STAFF TO BE FAIR AND SMART. LET US TAKE A LOSS,JUST AS WELL AS A WIN

** GOD…WHEN MY GAMES ARE OVER AND MY SEASONS ARE DONE,LET ME PLAY ON YOUR TEAM,JUST LIKE YOUR SON"

What happens when other players pray too? Will GOD guide the ball to the catcher straight and true and let him block you?

What about other religion’s gods? Will there be a duel?

You know your guy on the mound is not the religious type, but you can’t help but notice that every once and a while you seee him looking heaven bound and muttering to himself. So, the next time he comes into the dugout you ask…

“ saying a prayer out there are ya?”

“Nope.” He says. “ It’s just every time that number 12 comes up to bat I can’t help but say … oh God… not him again!” :faint: