Baseball necklaces

What’s up with all the baseball necklaces - the twisted rope ones, the magnetic ones, etc? They seriously look ridiculous! lol

I have always thought that men wearing jewelry while playing baseball is kinda weird, distracting and uncomfortable.

The only thing I could wear was wristbands and most of the time I only wore them on my non-throwing wrist.

There’s nothing like a case of superstition to make one appear foolish to those who don’t share his/her beliefs, is there? The worst thing about them, is that when looked at under the glaring light of scientific scrutiny, most players would be just as well off with a rabbit’s foot or a lucky coin in his pocket. But who would be able to cash in on mundane things like those?

Chances are some enterprising fellow would start selling rat tails for $150 apiece, claiming they brought inner peace to the wearer during the stress of a ball game. :wink:

I wear one!!! They are awesome! haha well they are good looking!

its those necklaces that relieve stress. Thats why pitchers wear them. Or atleast thats what i think.

It’s a case of mind over matter, if the brain thinks it, you can get lots of improvement.

I believe the Phiten rep (the company that makes most of the necklaces) went around handing out those necklaces right and left last year during spring training. A bunch of the pros started wearing them and now every kid that plays wants a couple to match his uniform. It was a brilliant piece of marketing by Phiten.

My son got one last year and wears it regularly (and after he got his, 4 other kids on the team got similar ones). Since he just switched teams, I have no doubt that I will be shelling out another $40 to get one that matches the new uniform. Whatever is new and cool (flat brim fats, anyone?) is the thing.

Of course, my kid refuses to wear the long baseball pants that you hook on the back of your cleats. He has to have those socks showing.

You gotta look cool to play cool!

I got one and it cost $20 in the discount isle. Doesn’t do a thing for me but get in the way.

P.S. These are those Phiten things.

[quote=“KCDawg”]I believe the Phiten rep (the company that makes most of the necklaces) went around handing out those necklaces right and left last year during spring training. A bunch of the pros started wearing them and now every kid that plays wants a couple to match his uniform. It was a brilliant piece of marketing by Phiten.

My son got one last year and wears it regularly (and after he got his, 4 other kids on the team got similar ones). Since he just switched teams, I have no doubt that I will be shelling out another $40 to get one that matches the new uniform. Whatever is new and cool (flat brim fats, anyone?) is the thing.

Of course, my kid refuses to wear the long baseball pants that you hook on the back of your cleats. He has to have those socks showing.[/quote]

This son of yours sounds real pro. I wear my necklace everyday. It really helps me in school like relieving stress during a test or doing essays. Stuff like

I saw a batting coach give a chunk of garlic to one of his players - hung around a string. He said everytime he faced that pitcher out there, the guy would suck the life out of him.

I’ll be darned if at that time up at bat he got a clean hit - wore the darn chunk everytime up at bat from that time on.

He also got the knick name - skunk!

Coach B.