Baseball Mound

My coach was considering purchasing a brand new mound for inside but they’re like $900 and that is a lot for a mound. I said that we could easily build one out of wood and he said they used to have one but the only problem was it was heavy but that wans’t too bad and that it would scrape the gym floor up.

I was wondering what I could put on the bottom of this to keep it from sliding but not to make marks on the floor. We already have one of those $900 mounds that’s foam so its light and durable. I don’t know what is on the bottom of it but I was wondering what we could do for ours. It would be placed on 4 2x10’s so its not too thick but if we have to we could always put a bottom on it.

See if you can buy some of those little ‘carpet’ like things they sell on furniture stores. They are meant to be put on the bottom of furniture so that it won’t scratch wood floors (like on chairs, etc) these work really well. If you are not interested in buying anything, you could always just get some pieces of carpet, cut it into squares/shape of the 2/10s, and then nail it to the wood, so that the actual carpet is facing the floor.

[quote=“Bower”]My coach was considering purchasing a brand new mound for inside but they’re like $900 and that is a lot for a mound. I said that we could easily build one out of wood and he said they used to have one but the only problem was it was heavy but that wans’t too bad and that it would scrape the gym floor up.

I was wondering what I could put on the bottom of this to keep it from sliding but not to make marks on the floor. We already have one of those $900 mounds that’s foam so its light and durable. I don’t know what is on the bottom of it but I was wondering what we could do for ours. It would be placed on 4 2x10’s so its not too thick but if we have to we could always put a bottom on it.[/quote]

Rubber stoppers, rubber strips, or both. Just Crazy glue them or Guerrilla glue them on