Bad Umpire

this is exactly what i was trying to get out of my first post.

We have leagues that are A, AA, and AAA.

I play AA, but have made 3 AAA teams. (its too far to drive, we are 3 hours away from the nearst AAA team) thus i wasn’t able to practice, so i couldn’t be on the team.

Anyways in AA, i throw by far the hardest. I was clocked at 88mph, consistent though.

All the kids do is stand there and try to get a walk. Frikin retarded.

Reminds me of an episode of “King of The Hill”

Hank: Bobby! You’ve got to swing the bat if you wanna get on base!

Bobby: Couldn’t the pitcher walk me?

Hank: Don’t play lawyer ball son!

That cracks me up every time I hear it.

“Hitting is more fun than Walking” is a very selfish comment. If you are playing competitive baseball, and the umps calling a tight zone a batters job is to only look for his favorite pitch to hit.

Walks might be boring, but they win and lose games at all levels. It’s never the batters fault for walking. I tell my pitchers and catchers this all the time, “if he is not swinging, set up down the pipe and hit your spots.” As a pitcher, if you can’t hit your spots, that walk is on you. Not the Ump or the Batter.

I tell my batters, “If the pitcher is struggling to find the zone, don’t give him any freebies. Anticipate your favorite pitch, if it’s not there let it go.”

If the Ump is making you throw down the middle than you better establish that you can on command. Or you’re going to walk a lot of batters.

The great thing about baseball is both teams use the same Ump. It’s hard to claim the Ump strike zone caused the win or loss because the opposing team was delt with the same strike zone.

At the younger level many times the pitchers are the better hitters. I am amazed at how quickly the hat turns when moving from the mound to the plate. I can’t tell you how many times I have seen the pitcher who is now batting grumbling about a bad strike call while he is hitting, but loving that call while on the mound.

Honestly i don’t give a rats ass about how the umpire calls the game, except when he screws me over on a strikeout.

Ump can call the game whatever.
But if i have a guy 2-2, or 3-2 and i put it down the middle or on the corner, i want that strikeout.

Pisses me off to get ta walk, knowing that you had the guy out for sure.

[quote=“real green”]“Hitting is more fun than Walking” is a very selfish comment. If you are playing competitive baseball, and the umps calling a tight zone a batters job is to only look for his favorite pitch to hit.

Walks might be boring, but they win and lose games at all levels. It’s never the batters fault for walking. I tell my pitchers and catchers this all the time, “if he is not swinging, set up down the pipe and hit your spots.” As a pitcher, if you can’t hit your spots, that walk is on you. Not the Ump or the Batter.

I tell my batters, “If the pitcher is struggling to find the zone, don’t give him any freebies. Anticipate your favorite pitch, if it’s not there let it go.”

If the Ump is making you throw down the middle than you better establish that you can on command. Or you’re going to walk a lot of batters.

The great thing about baseball is both teams use the same Ump. It’s hard to claim the Ump strike zone caused the win or loss because the opposing team was delt with the same strike zone.

At the younger level many times the pitchers are the better hitters. I am amazed at how quickly the hat turns when moving from the mound to the plate. I can’t tell you how many times I have seen the pitcher who is now batting grumbling about a bad strike call while he is hitting, but loving that call while on the mound.[/quote]
I understand what your saying. But doesnt everyone want to hit? There are kids with no intention of swinging the bat that come up to the plate. I go up to the plate with the mindset of Im gonna get a hit. Not I’m gonna go up there and sit their hoping to get walked.
Im all for walks. If the Pitcher is a little crazier I might take a few pitches. But anything close Im gonna take a hack at.

How about this…it’s just judgement calls on balls and strikes…in this situation maybe you got robbed…the way I look at it, “It won’t be the last time you get robbed, just the most recent!”. Gotta leave it be, players, coaches and spectators all make total jackholes out of themselves questioning umpires, it’s just the way it is, it’s part of the game. I hope in the bigs they don’t go to using K-Zone for balls and strikes.