Bad start

Alright, this is my semi-rant/question about my first practice today.

Well I made the team (1 of 8 freshman :-)) we had first practice today, went pretty hard, did lot of body weight excercise.
Then the juniors seniors went up to the weight room and freshman sophmores continued body weight stuff.
Went through a ton of lunges, squat jumps, and also a modified walk out pushup. I got through everything pretty darn shot. Without a whole lot of energy left, but I was feeling OK none the less.

I went in line for pull-ups and then I started to get a little dizzy and my vision blurred, walked out of the room, through up just water, went back into the room, with enough time to get the coaches attention, brought into another room and basically blacked out on the floor for about 5 minutes.

I’m pretty sure (with the combination of others opinions) that it was basically dehydration/lack of hydration. Possibly I had a little bug or something that was making me less than 100%.
I would say I’m confident I have conditioned and worked sufficiently, but whatever caused today, I don’t want it to happen again.
Anyone think it was just lack of hydration, or could I really be that messed up from just pushing my muscles to far? (only a few guys did all the excercises all the way right, and most the ones that did sat down for breaks in between, I didn’t, would that have something to do with it?

On a good note, I feel relatively ok right now, my temp is a couple degrees low, but I don’t think that’s a problem, and I’ve hit about 200 balls working on my swing, without any problems.

Thanks for the help, and listening to me, lol.

I’m not a doctor, but I think it could have been dehydration. During basketball practice of my freshman year a lot of kids had the same problem. A couple kids threw up, and many people’s vision was blurry. This was partly because of the amount of running and also because the lack of water. Everyone was sore the next day, but nothing like the day before.

What you have described sounds like dehydration. I have seen this often when it is accompanied by illness.

It is important to hydrate before, during and after workouts.

If you are sick you need to get better before you start working out again. Letting your body get run down will only make things worse.

If the problem continues, make sure you check with your physician.

Congratulations on making the team