Attempting the impossible?

I know they say to try not to copy other pitchers, but i’d like to base my mechanics off of sandy koufax’s im a righty so it will prolly be harder right? I would just like them to be similar and seeing that he had great mechanics why not right? anyway what are the main points I would need to focus on to make it look somewhat like his motion? thanks.

I thought you were trying out Marshall pitches?

I am, what I cant do both? lol oh well actually yea your right haha, I was going to do the upperbody of marshall mechanics and the lower body traditional to kinda hide it from my coaches.

[quote=“jamesh23”]…im a righty so it will prolly be harder right?[/quote]Prolly??? What’s a “prolly”?

And why should being a righty make any difference in whether or not you can emulate his mechs?

prolly = probably lol

and idk just because its a different angle and stuff I heard it on another site, if your gonna copy someone copy the same throwing hand… but I guess not right?

I’m not saying any of this to take away from koufax because he really was a truly great pitcher with nasty stuff, but his mechanics weren’t really that great. they were fairly solid and he repeated them well. i don’t know that they are mechanics that i would try to emulate. it should be noted that he had nagging elbow injuries that plagued him throughout his career, and they eventually ended his career.

koufax was one of the best to ever take the mound. jobe and his associates did a study of his motion and found that it was extremely efficient. remember he was around before tommy john surgery and still pitched long enough to be in the hall of fame.

if you want to use his motion, start with the video clip on this site and begin with the extreme tilt after he reaches the top of his motion.

also read his book sandy koufax a lefty’s legacy, the first chapter especially.

[quote=“dusty delso”]koufax was one of the best to ever take the mound. jobe and his associates did a study of his motion and found that it was extremely efficient. remember he was around before tommy john surgery and still pitched long enough to be in the hall of fame.

if you want to use his motion, start with the video clip on this site and begin with the extreme tilt after he reaches the top of his motion.

also read his book sandy koufax a lefty’s legacy, the first chapter especially.[/quote]

like the front side tilt? or what? im not sure I understand but thanks

look how far his hips get in front of his shoulders before he moves to the plate. the back side of his body makes a < as soon as he gets to the top and begins to move forward.

do a search for my name and read the posts. i teach the koufax method. i have posted many times using his teachings. his stuff is legendary in pro ball circles. you have chosen a good example.