ASMI Pitching Video

Go ahead, rip me apart for this… This is before they made adjustments to me.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8054085912836884874

Some adjustments:

1 - My throwing arm locks(or comes extremely close) while swinging back. This needs to be more of a backwards C. This can be both damaging to the elbow, and take away velocity. By backwards C, I mean the elbow should be bent, then picked up / swung to shoulder height, as the humerus rotates so my hand is facing 3rd base.

2 - In this, my throwing arm is vertical before my foot lands, which is too soon according to them. It should be slightly angled at foot plant towards 3rd base fore me.

3 - My glove needs to be pulled to my chest. It hangs over my front foot, decreasing trunk rotation speed, and therefore, velocity.

4 - My wrist is “hooked” when I take it out of the glove. This does nothing but tire my forearm, and reduce the wrist snap at release. I only did this because my instructor taught it.

Any other comments are fine. I’ve never had an arm problem throwing like this, although my shoulder has some “pulls” in it when I move it certain ways after I through, which could be attributed to it being so far behind my back.

[quote=“rmbrady91”]Go ahead, rip me apart for this… This is before they made adjustments to me.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8054085912836884874

Some adjustments:

1 - My throwing arm locks(or comes extremely close) while swinging back. This needs to be more of a backwards C. This can be both damaging to the elbow, and take away velocity. By backwards C, I mean the elbow should be bent, then picked up / swung to shoulder height, as the humerus rotates so my hand is facing 3rd base.

2 - In this, my throwing arm is vertical before my foot lands, which is too soon according to them. It should be slightly angled at foot plant towards 3rd base fore me.

3 - My glove needs to be pulled to my chest. It hangs over my front foot, decreasing trunk rotation speed, and therefore, velocity.

4 - My wrist is “hooked” when I take it out of the glove. This does nothing but tire my forearm, and reduce the wrist snap at release. I only did this because my instructor taught it.

Any other comments are fine. I’ve never had an arm problem throwing like this, although my shoulder has some “pulls” in it when I move it certain ways after I through, which could be attributed to it being so far behind my back.[/quote]1. dont see this as a problem because it bends later on 2. looks good to me 3 indeed 4 not a big deal, i noticed this as well, but it dosent really do anything