Article on Strasburg's Mechanics (new stuff from ASMI)

I would generally agree with this:

[quote]2. Is important link in the kinetic sequence i.e. picks up and transfers momentum from the shoulder rotation.
[/quote]

I think the majority of the velocity “added” by scapular loading is due to efficient sequencing of bodyparts.

As for Setpro, Paul has opened the forums for all to view. All you have to do is register there.

I still can’t view the paid access forums now though. Has he opened them up? Also i just tried making a new account, and it said that the email address was banned, but i have never used it on his site before. Any reason why? And can you make a new account?

Many of the “freemail” account providers (hotmail, gmail, yahoo, etc) are banned from registering. I suspect you have tried registering using one of these email account providers.

Well, I did some throwing today, and made a conscious effort to try to be very quick with my scapular pinch/unload, and I have to say it was immediately helpful. I wish I had access to a radar gun today so I could quantify it with numbers, but it felt really good. I had been thinking about what Paul said in his reply to me. I had previously kind of pictured my arm as a whip attached to my rotating torso, but with the whip originating at my glenohumeral, or shoulder, joint. After reading Paul’s post, it kind of dawned on me that I should instead think of the whip originating at the scapulothoracic junction. My thought was that using the rotation of the scapula around the ribcage would make the “whip” longer, and increase the mechanical advantage. Maybe Paul can add his thoughts to this, but in my thinking, if I were to let my elbow get “ahead” of my shoulder in rotating around the spine, this would be a disconnection in the “kinetic chain” of my arm action. Funny, but in all my years of pitching, i think this has been a problem for me, not that I ever thought about it. Today, when I tried to “start the whip at my scapula,” I felt a definite stretch in my right pec muscle when delivering the ball. I didn’t feel quite comfortable enough with this to really let it fly all out, but even without the extra “grunt effort,” it seemed like my velocity was quite good. I was locating well, too. This is fun, I’m putting the kinesiology and anatomy classes I took in college to use! Thanks!

Many of the “freemail” account providers (hotmail, gmail, yahoo, etc) are banned from registering. I suspect you have tried registering using one of these email account providers.[/quote]

Yes, I use yahoo. Why are we bannned? And what do i need to do to be able to view all of the content?

[quote=“beaver26”]
Yes, I use yahoo. Why are we bannned? And what do i need to do to be able to view all of the content?[/quote]

Mostly because of spam reasons I would guess.

What you need to do is register with a different email address (not yahoo or hotmail etc). Something like a Comcast email address for example.

I just remembered an email address i have that isn’t “freemail” and i was able to register. I now can see everything, so thanks.