7. Internal Rotation at 0 degrees abduction: Tubing 10-15 reps
  8. Internal Rotation at 90 degrees abduction: Tubing 10-15 reps
  9. Face Pulls w/ pronated grip: Tubing 10-15 reps
  10. Face Pulls w/ neutral grip: Tubing 10-15 reps
  11. Scarecrows: Dumbbell 6-8 reps
  12. Standing Horizontal Abduction: Dumbbells 10-15 reps
  13. Standing Horizontal Abduction: Tubing 10-15 reps
  14. Standing one arm wall shrugs: 10-15 reps
    Can substitute with two-arm wall shrugs - face wall with both hands and shrug shoulders up while pinching scaps
  15. Diagonal Pulldown: Tubing 10-15 reps
  16. Tricep Pushdown/extension: Tubing 10-15 reps
  17. Scap Pushup 10-15 reps
    Can also be done on your forearms
  18. 6 Blackburns exercises: Prone 6 sets 6 seconds
  19. Wrist Flexion/Extension/Pronation/Supination 10-15 reps each
  20. Scap wall slides: standing 10-15 reps
    For mobility and stability
  21. Prone Posterior Capsule Stretch (Sleeper Stretch) 30 sec hold
    "pin" your scapula beneath you so you aren’t “cheating.” You shouldn’t be able to touch your hand to the ground unless you have been doing this for a while. Upper arm at 90 degrees to you. This is a light stretch. The discomfort should be a 3 or 4 out of 10. You should feel a good stretch in the back of your shoulder (posterior capsule) but no pain.

Other Things I keep in mind:
There should be moderate fatigue by the last rep of each set for most of these exercises. I focus on quality of reps and keep it slow and controlled. Some of the clips look fast and choppy because of dropped frames, but these are all slow and controlled movements.

For 9-13, 17-20 I focus on pinching my shoulder blades throughout the movement.

I don’t really think it’s my place to advocate a specific routine these are just some of the best exercises I’ve found and the typical number of reps associated with them.

If people are interested I can post how I would organize them into a routine, but I’m just posting them for everyone to see.

i cant think of anything else, those look great that you are doing. many people think rotator cuff exercises are enough for arm care but you also need to do alot of scapula strengthening and mobility work, like you are. btw, you have great shoulder and scapula flexibility and mobility.

Really like the exercises done with the shoulder blades pinched together. The only thing I’d add is to work the back side decelerators a bit more than the front side.

good workouts. j/w, i only have an elastic band from physical therapy. where can I get one of those cable ones that work decent and cheap? walmart?

Great exercises. Like the pinched scap exercises as well. This really should be a golden thread for kids to look at as they build their careers. Too many kids wait to do this rehab stuff until they get hurt. They fail to realize the importance of this maintenance program.

yeah. This was a compilation of all the best exercises i’ve found from a TON of different sources. I’ve shared it with my teammates and I just dont want this thread getting “lost” in the archives. Very valuable IMO

i vote for a sticky

I second that.

how often should you do these? and do you only do your throwing arm?

notice many of the exercises use both arms. I dont do the one armed exercises on both sides because I don’t have time to spend 30-40 minutes doing rotator cuff every time after I throw.

I wouldnt go that far in my warm up or my prep but i have a quite simple one which just like a long distance runner’s stretches which loosens me up and allows me to not get banged up if i miscue and pull something. After that i just work on my upper body strength and fitness with cycling and long distance running.

I noticed Roger mentioned working on the decelerator muscles, Here’s a couple exercises I do to work that group of muscles.
But I really like your exercises I might start adding a few of these to what I do.

Hey Lank,
I havent been on here in a while, and I just posted in the Injuries & Prevention with my Scapula problem. The chiropractor today told me to do the tubing exercises and such… and I thought a while ago you had a program with a 4 week plan or something like that . Do you still have that… if it was even you who had posted it… Thanks.
Joey

if you go to www.danblewett.com he’s got a really good arm care routine posted there with some new stretches and shoulder exercises too. check that out

How many days a week do you do these?

Thrower’s 10 - Follow the below link.

http://www.asmi.org/SportsMed/throwing/thrower10.html

these exercises are very useful…thank you

Do jobes in the pool if you want to add something different to the routine.

Do these exercises relief soreness and pains in the throwing arm too?