- Diagonal Pattern: Neutral Grip 10-15 reps
- Diagonal Pattern: Empty Can 10-15 reps
- Diagonal Pattern: Full Can 10-15 reps
- External Rotation at 90 degrees abduction: Tubing 10-15 reps
- External Rotation seated: Dumbbell 10-15 reps
- External Rotation at 0 degrees abduction: Tubing 10-15 reps
- Internal Rotation at 0 degrees abduction: Tubing 10-15 reps
- Internal Rotation at 90 degrees abduction: Tubing 10-15 reps
- Face Pulls w/ pronated grip: Tubing 10-15 reps
- Face Pulls w/ neutral grip: Tubing 10-15 reps
- Scarecrows: Dumbbell 6-8 reps
- Standing Horizontal Abduction: Dumbbells 10-15 reps
- Standing Horizontal Abduction: Tubing 10-15 reps
- Standing one arm wall shrugs: 10-15 reps
Can substitute with two-arm wall shrugs - face wall with both hands and shrug shoulders up while pinching scaps
- Diagonal Pulldown: Tubing 10-15 reps
- Tricep Pushdown/extension: Tubing 10-15 reps
- Scap Pushup 10-15 reps
Can also be done on your forearms
- 6 Blackburns exercises: Prone 6 sets 6 seconds
- Wrist Flexion/Extension/Pronation/Supination 10-15 reps each
- Scap wall slides: standing 10-15 reps
For mobility and stability
- Prone Posterior Capsule Stretch (Sleeper Stretch) 30 sec hold
"pin" your scapula beneath you so you aren’t “cheating.” You shouldn’t be able to touch your hand to the ground unless you have been doing this for a while. Upper arm at 90 degrees to you. This is a light stretch. The discomfort should be a 3 or 4 out of 10. You should feel a good stretch in the back of your shoulder (posterior capsule) but no pain.
Other Things I keep in mind:
There should be moderate fatigue by the last rep of each set for most of these exercises. I focus on quality of reps and keep it slow and controlled. Some of the clips look fast and choppy because of dropped frames, but these are all slow and controlled movements.
For 9-13, 17-20 I focus on pinching my shoulder blades throughout the movement.
I don’t really think it’s my place to advocate a specific routine these are just some of the best exercises I’ve found and the typical number of reps associated with them.
If people are interested I can post how I would organize them into a routine, but I’m just posting them for everyone to see.