Arm band

i just bought a arm strenth band to get my arm better for pitching can anyone give me some exsersises i can use with it and could it increase your velocity

Are you talking about tubing?

no like arm bands

Band, tubing. It’s the same thing essentially. Both stretch and give resistance. Seach for “tubing” if you can’t find any topics on “band”.

Bands are alittle more dangerous be aware. If you tie them around something then untie and retie they can break very easily. I had one snap but i snapped it controlled while I wasn’t working out because I knew it was going to break.

I then went out and got some tubing with a handle. I use the other bands for stretching while laying down now instead as an alternative. I belive someone got hurt with bands I don’t belive it was tubing but I think someone here really hurt their eye on a band but I’m not sure who it was.

http://www.letstalkpitching.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3443&highlight=eye

There are plenty of exercises you can do. Tie the band to a door knob, post, fence or something. Then, with your throwing hand, rotate your arm from 90 degrees straight up to 90 degrees straight down. This is done facing away from the fence, doorknob, etc… Then you can face the fence, and reverse the above motion. You can also do exercises pulling the band across your body with your arm at a 90 degree angle. I also do some bicep curls, chest presses, and squats with the band. It’s hard to describe these workouts over the computer, but I hope they give you an idea and are at least somewhat helpful.