ARM ACTION

i have the arm action of tim lincecum

no arm problems

so anyone with arm problems u can try that ^

[quote=“Pheen”]i have the arm action of tim lincecum

no arm problems[/quote]YET!! Arm action of all kinds have resulted in injuries. This is risky business. Not that you definitely will but the risk is high. I personally believe that a pitcher’s chances of experiencing an injury are far higher than not. This is nasty stuff we’re asking these tissues to withstand.

so any arm action is risky but some more than others?

then what do u suggest

Are you sure you’re doing the same arm action as Lincecum? Lincecum has what’s called a pinwheel or catapault arm action.

Check out my avatar to the left <-------. That’s Lincecum and Yovani Gallardo with similar am action.

yuh

its exactly like his

just my glove arm doesnt go as high

[quote=“Pheen”]so any arm action is risky but some more than others?

then what do u suggest[/quote]Glenn Fleisig at ASMI says that they do not have any evidence that mechanics of any particular sort actually causes injuries. As I said in another thread, I believe that the M arm action is riskier but I have no proof to back that up. I propose that it promotes a later and more violent external rotation which just might be riskier. Again, no evidence.

What I feel more strongly about, with no hard science yet again, is that pitching in and of itself is a very high risk activity because the thing that causes increased velocity is also that which increases injury risk. That would be the rapid stretching of muscles and connective tissues and the subsequent elastic rebound in the tendons and ligaments and the stretch shortening cycle in the muscles where a powerful concentric contraction happens immediately after a rapid eccentric one. So, I theorize that this stresses those tissues to points near their physical limits. It is the source of velocity but we’re playing Russian roulette with their abilities to withstand over time.

My amateur theories only.

congrats.

congrats?

y?

congrats.[/quote]

hey stupid he was just sayin that he had it and it didnt give him any problems so that if u have arm problems try it

hardacc[quote]hey stupid he was just sayin that he had it and it didnt give him any problems so that if u have arm problems try it[/quote]

“Hey stupid”…i was being sincere …i love lincecums arm action.

my bad dale i thought u were bein smart