Arm action

I pitch and i play the middle infield positions. My question is how do I maintain a consistent long arm action on the mount with all the short arming i do while at 2nd/SS

My guess is that you throw sidearm when playing the infield positions. Why not do the same thing when you’re pitchr ing? throw sidearm and use both the long -ar, and the short-arm deliveries as many pitchers do. I was a sidearmer all the way, and I learned to use both arm angles which gave me twice the number of pitches. It might take a little getting used to, but I’ll bet you’d catch on quickly—and, as a sidearm pitcher, you have one weapon other pitchers don’t: the crossfire. This is a beautiful and lethal move that works only with the sidearm delivery. 8)

Remember,
on the mound it is not your arm that should be doing the work-
you need to use your lower body to produce your power.
The arm is “just along for the ride”.

CardsWin has just told you about “The Secret”!
I learned about it a long time ago, and I pass it on for what it’s worth—which is plenty. You have to get your whole body into the action—drive off the lower half of the body, using the legs, the hips and the torso in one continuous motion, so you get that flow of energy all the way up through the shoulder to the arm, thus enabling you to get more power behind your pitches and also take a lot of pressure off said arm and shoulder—which do indeed “just go along for the ride”. One thing you can do is work with the “Hershiser” drill, which aims at getting the hips fully involved—the hips are the connection between the lower and upper halves of the body, and when you get that connection you’re on your way. You’ll find that drill on this website and the NPA as well. 8)

CardsWin has just told you about “The Secret”!
I learned about it a long time ago, and I pass it on for what it’s worth—which is plenty. You have to get your whole body into the action—drive off the lower half of the body, using the legs, the hips and the torso in one continuous motion, so you get that flow of energy all the way up through the shoulder to the arm, thus enabling you to get more power behind your pitches and also take a lot of pressure off said arm and shoulder—which do indeed “just go along for the ride”. One thing you can do is work with the “Hershiser” drill, which aims at getting the hips fully involved—the hips are the connection between the lower and upper halves of the body, and when you get that connection you’re on your way. You’ll find that drill on this website and the NPA as well. 8)