Archie Teconchuk Pitching Analysis

https://youtube.com/shorts/sYgzTIOrgfA?feature=share

Looking for feedback/help. I top at 75 mph. 6’ and 160 lbs.

Thanks.

I’m sorry, but this is terrible. I can probably help you, but you will have to learn some physics. I teach people the Physics of Sports (or at least try to - as it’s up to them to learn). I’m Prof. Don R. Mueller, a physics professor who knows how to throw and swing with power.

In the meantime, these articles should help you:

New Britain, CT: Home of the World's Fastest Fastball

Latest Victim of Pole-vault Pitching (Straight-Front Leg Landing)

Well…I appreciate the fact that you’re blunt, but terrible? He’s worked with a lot of reputable coaches and almost all of them have pointed out the same things.
You lost me on the front leg block. Nolan Ryan absolutely blocked his front leg.
I would say that if you’re going to try and push a product or theory, you need to approach it differently and have video evidence.
Your answer came across like you’re trying to sell a product.
Thanks.

Pushing a product or theory? Sounds like you expect me to to push whatever you think I’m “pushing” into one Earhole and out the other. Humor aside, as a physics professor, I try to educate people where I see that they are largely ignorant. These reputable coaches you point to are unfortunately largely ignorant (to repeat the phrase) about physics in connection with human biomechanics. Like I said, I can help you and your son (I assume) with some physics know-how directed at throwing a baseball with power and precision. Personally, I think that throwing a ball (i.e., baseball, football) is a useful all-body activity for people of all ages. Yes, even for me at age 60, I throw quite well using my entire body (from the ground up) and hit a 140 mph tennis serve they briefly mentioned in a full-page NY Times article about my research in 2018. One of my clients (i.e., followers) throws 87 mph to his high school players at age 62 using my methods based in physics. You can contact me through my website if you want to learn some of what I know: www.ProfessorTennis.net

Asking for help is key- you’re halfway there! Coming from a washed up pitcher still playing 35+ ball, I saw a few things worth trying. 1. Keep your head square to the plate. 2. Take a longer stride. 3. The twist is fine at the beginning of your windup, but make sure all momentum is going toward the plate from your balance point forward.
Good luck young man- keep working hard and posting your progress!

Th

Hey this is not too difficult. That leg CAN NOTbe thrown behind the rubber. Gently raise the leg and go to the plate. DO NOT over rotate to the back side. Very bad for balance and he will always be wild out of the zone with this. Happy to discuss it with you.

Whats your age?

So he just turned 17, but has the growth plates of a 15 yr old, due to stunted growth by an inefficient pituitary gland.
Yes, his twist is over the top, but he’s extremely accurate. We have mellowed this though.
We’ve tried striding further, but that leads to pushing off the rubber and “running down the mound”…he’s not flexible enough yet to stride further and still hold the rubber.
I see 2 things.

1. at foot plant, his weight fwd and he’s already released from separation.
  2. his throwing arm goes into early external rotation/lay back.

I do not agree with Dr tennis player whatsoever. His science is based off of one pitcher from the 60s. Also, serving a tennis ball, is not pitching. Similar, but not the same.

Thanks.

Information that went in one earhole and out the other. My research is based on physics in connection with human biomechanics. If you read the article about Steve “Dalko” Dalkowski you would have learned at least three things: (1) Dalko threw his incredible fastball with a neutral wrist versus the pronated wrist. (2) Dalko threw with a bent front leg. (3) As Prof. Don R. Mueller, I know how to throw and the physics to do it better than the largely ignorant pitching instructor community. The neutral wrist is ideal for a tennis serve and for a baseball throw. No one said that the tennis serve was like pitching, but instead like throwing. Learn how to throw and then learn how to pitch. When I played (way back when) I had the ability to throw 95 mph off the mound and over 400 feet in the outfield. Pitching and throwing require different motions to some degree, but again it all starts with mastering the throw.