Anything wrong with my mechanics? new vid on page 3

Recorded this yesterday. I didnt throw a ball cause of my backyard being small. If i need to throw a ball ill record a new one if needed.

Your arm and back foot shouldn’t be coming foward at the same time and you are windmilling your arm when your throw. U also don’t look to be pushing very hard with your back leg or using your body at all. However hard you throw, I’m sure you can throw a lot harder.

im gonna research tonight on how that should look and what im doing wrong according to what you said. Thanks for telling me what i was doing wrong.

what do you mean by windmilling my arm?

Half the problems you’re gonna see in this vid will likely be due to it being faked. Really throw a ball and it will look a lot different.

When your arm is coming foward it stays straight thee entire time. At some point when you are throwing your elbow should lead your arm forward and when you release the ball the rest of your arm and your wrist should come through making that blowing sound.

ohh. that explains why i never got that blow sound. My friend has a loud blowing sound and i tried and i had like none. So what should i do with my body? i really want to get to learn how to use your back leg to get more power

Click on the video clips section at the top of this site and look at the slow mo’s of tim lincecum pitching. Notice how when he lifts his leg, his back leg is slightly bent. Then as he comes foward he drops low on his leg and pushes off while reaching his front leg and golve foward with the ball staying low and his body is still facing to the side. When his foot hits his hips and shoulders turn while throwing his arm straight towards the target. All of that force going foward makes his back leg come up afterward. Remember your beg leg should come throw because it has to not because you make it.

i think im starting to get an idea of what your talking about. Is there like any videos that teach you how to do this the way your explaining?

Idk but when I learned how to pitch, I watched a baseball game and tried to copy their mechanics to the best of my ability. Then from there I eventually developed my own style. I used to practice pitching everyday in the summer by myself and I never pitched until high school and I still got it.

Never let anything make you quit. You only need more practice. And when you practice no BS.

ok i see. thanks

ok just wondering does throwing windmill make your arm more sore than throwing normally? because after i pitch i mean i get really sore. its not elbow. Its like my bicep and like my shoulder. Im really starting to figure out if it is the windmill pitching. help

You need serious work on your arm action.

Read this thread:

http://letstalkpitching.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5449

Later in the thread (not sure what page but around page 15 or 20) Lanky demonstrates some good arm action drills.

Do these, video yourself doing them, and make corrections accordingly.

It’s going to take thousands of reps so don’t get discouraged.

Keep at it.

I sort of windmill from the outfield in practice but I put a lot of rotation of my body into so it doesn’t hurt. Plain simple if you throw using nothing but your arm, you will fatigue quickly.

[quote=“101mph”]You need serious work on your arm action.

Read this thread:

http://letstalkpitching.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5449

Later in the thread (not sure what page but around page 15 or 20) Lanky demonstrates some good arm action drills.

Do these, video yourself doing them, and make corrections accordingly.

It’s going to take thousands of reps so don’t get discouraged.

Keep at it.[/quote]

i went through pages 1-24. great stuff. i couldnt find what you were talking about for the good arm action drills. It was probably because my computer is slow with all those clips on one page and didnt show half of them. Help me out here?

Start here (page 12):

http://letstalkpitching.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5449&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=132

On this page and pages after it Lanky shows a lot of good arm action drills and drills to help loading/unloading (both upper and lower half of the body).

How efficiently you load and then unload (which ties in the tempo and rhythm of your mechanics) is directly related (IMO) to how well you throw the ball (i.e. velocity).

me trying to work on my arm action. does it look like im throwing side arm kind of?

left picture is me, the right picture is lanky. is my arm action improving just from this picture? and i was just wondering if im still doing anything wrong.

I think your arm is sore because of throwing totally with your arm and not your hips and trunk. Look how your post leg only comes forward because of where the front foot is, not because of the deceleration of the body. Just try and get that back leg to work a little harder.

to get the back leg working do i keep pitching and trying? or is there drills to get the bback leg working?