Anyone use/ teach extreme body rotation when long tossing?

Do any baseball players or baseball coaches use or teach “extreme” torso rotation when practicing “long tossing”?
As an athlete ( olympic javelin thrower) I have found I can generate a huge amount of speed using this technique, especially from a stand, and at the same time reduce strain on the ellbow.
I am currently working with a high school junior (girl) with this technique throwing from a stand. It is absolutely incredible the position she is getting into and the distance she is now throwing. She is throwing just a few feet short of her personal best which is from a run up!
This is video clip of her throwing, first regular speed, then slow motion. At a minute to a minute 18 second is the slow motion of her throw:

Any thoughts or comments wouId be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Wow! Very impressed by this and excited to look more into it. I do throw with a much more counter rotated upper body position than most pitchers.

When I took this to an extreme it definitely helped my velocity over the past year. When I added a two step run-into approach I was able to throw 102 mph last fall (only time I tested velo on this). There are also countless examples of the hardest professional pitchers having a much more extreme amount of torso counter rotation.

The difference is in pitching you have to be able to pinpoint a location, not just throw for max velocity as in javelin.

I’m curious, what cues are you giving her for this drill?

[quote=“LankyLefty”]Wow! Very impressed by this and excited to look more into it. I do throw with a much more counter rotated upper body position than most pitchers.

When I took this to an extreme it definitely helped my velocity over the past year. When I added a two step run-into approach I was able to throw 102 mph last fall (only time I tested velo on this). There are also countless examples of the hardest professional pitchers having a much more extreme amount of torso counter rotation.

The difference is in pitching you have to be able to pinpoint a location, not just throw for max velocity as in javelin.

We do 2 handed med balls before javelin throwing working on rocking back with the body and sweeping the ball down and back as far as possible - its all about getting into and out of those awkward ( weak and vunerable ) stretched out positions.
then when we move to the standing javelin throws the focus is on reaching back and around as the left foot reached forward. The goal is to get as much distance between the plant/ block foot and the throwing hand

We do 2 handed med balls before javelin throwing working on rocking back with the body and sweeping the ball down and back as far as possible - its all about getting into and out of those awkward ( weak and vunerable ) stretched out positions.

Do you have any video of this? I can’t visualize the type of med ball throws you are talking about

[quote=“Slewbacca”]We do 2 handed med balls before javelin throwing working on rocking back with the body and sweeping the ball down and back as far as possible - its all about getting into and out of those awkward ( weak and vunerable ) stretched out positions.

Do you have any video of this? I can’t visualize the type of med ball throws you are talking about[/quote]

The closest I have is this video:

The only difference is that I would drop ball ball down in front of me as I rock back and swing the ball up into the position I throw in this video.

closest I’ve seen to a javelin type throw from a pitcher

See Tom Gately

Matt Anderson, #1 overall pick in 1997. Never figured out his command, but was as high as 103 mph

Looks like the head violence could have been an issue…how could he get any focus on the target…he looks like Ryan to an extent…but wow look at those long skinny legs…I wonder how his motion would have worked with the javelin…