Any advice, comments, criticisms

I dont remember where i shoot this but it wasnt on a mound.
Any advice, comments, criticisms welcome.

looks good to me… but i noticed that your falling off to the side after you throw. thats saying that your stride foot when its landing is to closed. try opening it up a little but still remain to keep the hips cclosed. you are throwing to much over your lower body …

open up the stride leg. after its landed then rotate the hips and shoulders to follow. you will get more velocity on your fastball.

I like most of what I see here. I do have 2 things I’d suggest you work on revising. The first is the landing point. It’s quite to your right side of the target line, or “closed”. A side view would be necessary here to see this but I’m thinking that this landing closed issue is the result of a combo of 2 things. The fairly significant counter rotation (over rotating the hips and shoulders away from the target as the stride foot comes down from knee lift) and a lack of momentum toward the plate. The 2 of these together MAY be causing this closed landing. I’m not going to say that counter-rotation is absolutely wrong but I do think yours is extreme and is contributing to the problem. Your front foot turns toward the target very early. Watch how soon your toe points. This can have the effect of opening the hips early.

Try getting more momentum toward the plate, lead with the side of your front foot longer during the stride and land on line.

The other thing to look at, which might also be caused by the preceding discussion, is that your front knee at landing is WAY to your left of your landing foot. Try to stop the video at front foot landing. You’ll see what I mean. What 3up 3down said about you falling off to your left, I believe, is the result of this misalignment of the front knee/foot AND the very good trunk flexion and shoulder rotation that you do have. Now, lots of pitchers fall off to the glove side and they make it work just fine. It can be looked at as an indication of good, full shoulder rotation. In this case, it’s not a productive thing because it’s real cause is from problems elsewhere.

My opinion is that more momentum generated in the stride, sideways, toward the plate and a better landing position will allow you to really rotate those shoulders harder than you do now. The energy from the lower body will hopefully be transferred into the upper body, rather than being dissipated into that “loose” front leg.

I agree with DM’s assessment. My suggestion would be to focus on getting the momentum going directly at the target. Commit your weight in the direction of the target early and you won’t be able to stride to the closed side.

Also, I feel your falling off to the side is due at least partly to your upper half trying to get back inline with the target after having strided to the closed side. This usually results in a late posture change. Furthermore, I think the reason your front knee is is aligned to the left is because it has positioned itself to support the weight of your upper half moving (leaning) in that direction. Getting your weight moving earlier and faster toward the target should help with this as well.

Agree with all of the above. Have trouble explaining to kids that just because the ML’s do something different but have good results doesn’t make it right for others… Without a ball, concentrate on the landing spot that has been already suggested to you. Once that is established try to keep your landing knee over that foot or a few inches toward the throwing side prior to release. There is a train of thought by some that no matter what one does AFTER the ball leaves ones hand has no more impact on the flight of the ball. Try it…pitch a ball then after release jump up in the air and see if the ball does tricks that were not intended PRIOR to release.