Analyze this...? o.o - Shiozaki's Sinker

The pitcher is Shiozaki from Seibu Lions. I must say this is by far the weirdest grip and delivery I’ve even seen.
The video is in Japanese but you can still understand what it’s about.

Enjoy the “sinkkkaaaarhg!” 8)

I guess none of you everyday guys have thrown or even thought about something like that eh?

its a screwwball… The way he grips it and releases it looks more like a screwball then a sinker.

nvm I was completely wrong I didnt watch the whole video lol my bad.

no your right its a screwball. people have thought about it but the only reason nobody does it is because itll hurt your arm. the reason hes so effective is because of his sidearm delivery. which lets those 2 fingers roll over the top of the ball

This is a myth.

Maddux basically throws two types of screwballs (his FB and his CH), but nobody calls them that.

[quote=". a n t o n i o . ."]The pitcher is Shiozaki from Seibu Lions. I must say this is by far the weirdest grip and delivery I’ve even seen.
The video is in Japanese but you can still understand what it’s about.

Enjoy the “sinkkkaaaarhg!” 8)

I guess none of you everyday guys have thrown or even thought about something like that eh?[/quote]

The first pitch is probably a pronation curve.

The second and third pitches are screwballs. Notice the greater lateral movement.

its whatever you wana call it. a screwball is a ball thrown with that rotation. my curve goes 2-8 instead of 12-6 and some people say its a slurve. a choked changeup can also be called a split finger. all in rotation not how you throw it. maddox gets less rotation on his changeup than that pitcher gets on his screw. its all how you look at it.

I’d settle for calling it a pronation curve. I tried it a little today and I couldn’t get my fingers to go over it.

It’s not a pronation curve. It’s a screwball. The grip is similar to Marshall’s screwball grip. Pedro Martinez’ changeup has the same movement. This pitch can be used as a changeup.

[quote=“xv84”]It’s not a pronation curve. It’s a screwball. The grip is similar to Marshall’s screwball grip. Pedro Martinez’ changeup has the same movement. This pitch can be used as a changeup.

[/quote]

yeah it looked to me kind of like a circle change up

I called the first pitch a PC because of the near-vertical 11:30-5:30 drop.

Since the video is no longer available,Could anyone post a picture of the grips used? I would really like to see them because I am a big fan of Tetsuya Shiozaki. Thank you in advance

hey chris,
go to the high elbow topic
its all about u
a LONG argument about u