Anabolic-pump

If you call people out, you better be prepared, I know lbarber does research.

[quote=“RIstar”]Ervin Santana at 6-3 160lbs. throws the ball 95+.
So stop wasting your time ok and get smart and realize size doesnt matter.[/quote]

Find me more than maybe 10 guys less than 185lbs, and more than 6 foot tall pitching in the major leagues.

Why do you find it necessary to associate a genetic exception with what the rest of the baseball world should be doing?
He’s also from the dominican republic, I doubt he spent his time doing all plyometrics and core stabilization exercises either.

Mike Clark works for the Angels I think and he is doing that.

Who the hell is this mythical Mike Clark and why do you keep riding his coattails around this forum?

Link to his site please.

RI, you really need to stop using other people’s words and spitting them out like they’re gospel.

First off, everyone is different, many people have benefitted from weight lifting, myself included. I work out with one of the best personaly trainers around and we actually lift some weights. It’s also helped me velocity wise but it also helps with durability. It’s one thing to throw at a certain velocity, but it doesn’t matter if you can’t maintain it. That’s where overall strength comes in.

The Earvin Santana statement is just stupid because you have no idea about his body makeup. He obviously has more fast twitch muscle than most, so in that respect he’s gifted. But in order to maintain this velocity he has to have some base of strength no matter how skinny he is.

Please, quit it with the blanket statements using words you’re probably not familiar with.

[quote=“centerfield2150”]If you call people out, you better be prepared, I know lbarber does research.

[quote=“RIstar”]Ervin Santana at 6-3 160lbs. throws the ball 95+.
So stop wasting your time ok and get smart and realize size doesnt matter.[/quote]

Find me more than maybe 10 guys less than 185lbs, and more than 6 foot tall pitching in the major leagues.

Why do you find it necessary to associate a genetic exception with what the rest of the baseball world should be doing?
He’s also from the dominican republic, I doubt he spent his time doing all plyometrics and core stabilization exercises either.[/quote]

Out of about 360 active pitchers last season, about 5 were under 170… I went through every major league roster, and counted only 5, if I remember correctly. About 20 were under 6 ft.

Why did I do this? I was trying to emphasize the importance of getting a gym membership, lol…

Im just trying to show that you dont need to lift weights and get big to throw hard. You can throw just as hard and be a more balanced player physicaly.

Every single workout program that is listed on this site is about building balance throughout the body through lifting weights IN ADDITION TO plyometrics, sprint work, medicine ball work, etc etc etc.

And NO ONE here is trying to get big. And if someone says they’re trying to get big, then at least five other people on the board tell them that’s not the way to go and encourage them to get on a more balanced, pitching specific program. So I’m not sure who you’re trying to convince to stop lifting weights.

Tell me how weight lifting is pitching specific?

You proved my point in the other thread by linking to core performance.

Their program involves a warm up, plyometrics, cardiovascular conditioning, medicine ball, agility training, and more. They also include WEIGHT LIFTING. It’s not the type of lifting that you keep bashing that you think everyone does. The weight lifting involves things such as front squats, olympic lifts, pulldowns, various rows, push ups, pull ups, lunges, and about a million other things.

The program attacks all areas of fitness and therefore is beneficial to pitchers. The full program teaches to body to develop elasticity and power (at least you’re right there), but weight lifting IS INCLUDED.

general strength from a weight room can not be transfered to the mound.

I just showed you that the website you’re touting that preaches elasticity and power is all based off a good balanced strength base.

Why do you think a 10 year old can’t get his body to move as fast as a 20 year old. Think strength has something to do with it?

You need a certain amount of strength to move your body quickly. Now NO ONE is saying that if you keep lifting weights you’ll continue to throw harder.

So core performance should discontinue the weight lifting part of their program for pitchers?

Instead of weight lifting you could do a functional training that would be better and keep you more balanced. With plyometrics it is the true pitchers workout.

You’re making stupid points, you don’t know how the body works and you just repeat everything that other people say.

Yes the body needs to move fast, NO proper weight lifting will not slow you down

ok tomorrow im meeting with a Dr.physical therapist and performance enhancer that knows more then us all ok. I will ask what one is better and post what he said ok.

Good call, that’ll prove everything.

I never said that plyos were bad, actually they’re great for pitching, but as part of a WHOLE workout that includes a number of things. And how do you know that this Dr. knows more than I do about pitcher training?

Ok this Dr. knows more then everyone here unless you have a degree because he went to school and studied for 8 years of the human body. He knows how everything affects the body and what exercises to do for different sports such as pitching.

You’re using general terms inappropriately. You can’t ask whether weight lifting or functional training is better because they are not mutually exclusive. Functional training can include weight lifting. But, in this sense, we not talking about any and all types of weight lifting. We’re talking about specific types of lifting that ARE beneficial to pitching. You don’t seem to understand that this is possible.

ok then someone post all the exercises they do and i will copy them and show the Dr. them and ask him if they are good.

Print out a copy of the core performance workouts.

What core performance workout? just post your workout for like one session on here.