An Ingredient for Hip/Shoulder Separation

What do you notice about these two guys? Here’s what I see:

1. Their arm path out of the glove dictates the look of the glove and front leg.

I call the it the ability to “match the hands with the feet”. I’m in a hurry and will elaborate later but wanted to share this.

Back to the point, not only do these guys sync it up but their are some by-products with guys that can do this:

Hip/Shoulder separation!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Matching the hands with the feet can be better explained like this.

Pitchers with more of a horizontal breaking action from the glove will tend to be more of sweeper. If the arm breaks more vertical, the lower body will move more in a straight line.

Matching the hands and the feet maximizes distance between opposing muscle groups (stretch and separation).

These guys get great separation.

If your working on separation, try looking at exactly what you are trying to separate. Is it the hips from the shoulders or the elbow (front elbow or back) from the hip, be specific.

IMO its the elbow creating distance from the back hip versus the front hip as most say. I don’t agree with thought of creating distance between the elbow and front hip. I tell my guys to feel the elbow separating from the back hip.

Why? I have seen good results from just asking guys to think about it differently. Try it, who knows, maybe it works for you.

The concept is the reason I feel everyone is unique and one of the reasons the delivery is built around the look and action of the arm. It has to be present in my opinion for the delivery to be “truly synced”. Like everything else, you will see some guys that don’t do it as well but still benefit from similar results, but that’s what keeps us searching :lol:

You see the same with hitters.

1. As the leg goes up, the hands go down.
  2. As the leg moves forward the hands move back.

Help me out here. Wouldn’t you want the elbow to stay out in front and bring the back hip to the elbow keeping the front shoulder closed off longer as the hips naturally begin to open into foot strike?

Help me out here. Wouldn’t you want the elbow to stay out in front and bring the back hip to the elbow keeping the front shoulder closed off longer as the hips naturally begin to open into foot strike?[/quote]

I am referring to the back hip and throwing side elbow, not the front elbow.

Gotcha.