Am I thinking correctly?

So from reading and watching videos here is what I have come up with, would this be correct thinking?

1. When the arm is back it really doesn’t matter if its straight back a little behind the head or a little in front of the body (if that makes sense) just so it’s in the “L” position. Whatever that pitcher feels comfortable with.
  2. The lead foot should land almost flat not on the front or the back.
  3. The hips shouldn’t turn until the front foot lands.

Now here is one i see all over the place. Should the lead leg land a little bent then as you follow through straigten out to get more power? I see some stay bent but it seems the power pitchers straighten that leg out.

Thanks!

I think that you are correct about wanting to land with your leg a little bent, but it is fine for the pitcher to start to open the hips before they land. If you want to see some examples, you can look up basically any good pitcher (e.g. Tim Lincecum, Craig Kimbrel, Clayton Kershaw.

I’d say in general you’ve got the right idea. For number 1 though i would suggest keeping your elbows in line with your shoulders. It’s not a huge deal but it’s what my pitching coach has been helping me with and it just adds fluidity and “smoothness” to your delivery. What I mean to say is at foot strike you should be able to draw a straight line from your back elbow, through your shoulders, to your front elbow. and the L position is a good place to be in, try and have the ball above your elbow, this will make it easier to stay on top of the ball and throw those nice knee strikes. Secondly keeping your hips/front leg closed isn’t essential but the longer you can stay closed the quicker your rotation will be and you’ll be chuckin with a little more velo.