Am I ready for a slider?

Im 6"1" 162 pounds, almost 16 years old I throw 82-85.my question is, is my arm ready for a slider iv been trying to throw a curve for 2 years and it still isn’t very good but today in practice I threw a couple of sliders and they were nasty.so I was wondering if my body is ready to start throwing a slider yet.

i think you should be…but make sure you learn how to throw it properly and you should be fine.

Btw I never get a sore elbow or shoulder just sometimes the bicep part.

Agreed. Find a good pitching coach—perhaps an active pitcher, high minors or even majors—who knows his elbow from third base and throws a good slider, and ask him to show you how to throw a good one
It has been noted that a lot of pitchers who have been having trouble with the curveball will do very well with the slider, and you may be another one of them. When I learned to throw the slider (at age 16, by the way), my instructor was an active major-league pitcher, a member of the Yankees’ Big Three rotation of the late 40s to the mid-50s, and he told me: “Throw it like a curve, but roll your wrist, don’t snap it.” He showed me the off-center grip he used and demonstrated the wrist action, which was reminiscent of a chef flipping a pancake or a crepe—for me, it was an easier version of the karate-chop wrist snap I used for the curve ball. I got the hang of it in about ten minutes—but I was well aware that one does not master a pitch like that overnight, and I worked on it for several months before I felt comfortable enough with it to try it in a game. It became my strikeout pitch.
Yes, you are certainly ready for a slider, and with the proper instruction you will develop a good one. 8)