Am I on the right track

Ok so i am a pitcher and a DH for my college, I do full body lifts on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I use a rowing machine and sometimes to switch things up I run. Are there any other things to consider adding to my workout? Abdominals and back are done on my lifting days. (could i get more results of my midsection if i did abs everyday?) :smiley:

throw, in my opinion it’s the best way to gain velocity and accuracy.

Yes, like baseballplayer217 said, throwing is the best thing that you can do to condition yourself in the case of your arm. I’d also do lunges, high knees, butt kicks, all those cardio workouts work very well for a pitcher’s legs to improve balance and a firm center over the mound along with the workouts that you’ve already been doing.

I’m a big fan of performing sprints!

If time permits, add them into your arsenal…

2-3 times a week, or if the body permits, 3-5 times a week varying intensity/sequences…

I’ll be experimenting with this further this upcoming summer to see how much faster I recover from consistently performing different sprinting workouts in conjunction to my inseason throwing/lifting program…