All I do is pull

The occasional times I try to hit, wich isn’t alot, all I can do is pull the ball. But, I’m not strong enough to pull the ball, so I always hit it right to first base. How do I take the ball the other way?

Are you a lefty or righty? Taking the ball the other way requires looking for a pitch out over the plate or to the outside and letting the ball come deeper into the strike zone. Have any video of your swing?

[quote=“Papibon”]Are you a lefty or righty? Taking the ball the other way requires looking for a pitch out over the plate or to the outside and letting the ball come deeper into the strike zone. Have any video of your swing?[/quote]lefty, I never really hit any so no vids

Hey Lester, well if you can get it down the line and actually hit the ball then I don’t see a problem with pulling. I am an oppo. hitter most of the time. The problem could be that your mechanics are just off so when you pull it’s not that you’re not strong enough it’s that you aren’t using your hips and legs enough to muscle it to the outfield. You could also be lunging at the ball, we’ve got a player that does that all the time (lefty as like you and I). I’m one of those guys that slaps it to left and drives it up the middle. I don’t pull a whole lot. But the 2 times I did pull this year I got on base. Pulling isn’t always a bad thing as long as you get on.

I’m not sure I understand what you mean by not pulling the ball if you’re a lefty and you are hitting the ball to first. Do you mean you hit the ball weakly to first? If you want to pull a pitch with power then look for an inside pitch; open up the front hip by turning your front foot about 45 degrees;keep your rear elbow close to your rib cage when you get into your swing.

[quote=“Pustulio”]Hey Lester, well if you can get it down the line and actually hit the ball then I don’t see a problem with pulling. I am an oppo. hitter most of the time. The problem could be that your mechanics are just off so when you pull it’s not that you’re not strong enough it’s that you aren’t using your hips and legs enough to muscle it to the outfield. You could also be lunging at the ball, we’ve got a player that does that all the time (lefty as like you and I). I’m one of those guys that slaps it to left and drives it up the middle. I don’t pull a whole lot. But the 2 times I did pull this year I got on base. Pulling isn’t always a bad thing as long as you get on.[/quote]It’s not really a big deal i guess, i focus all on pitching