Advanced stretches for pitchers?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could send me some URL’s on advanced stretches that I could do with my pitchers. Right now they only do the basic stretches.

I don’t have any URL’s for stretching but it is my understanding that the “experts” are now saying that warming up (i.e. actually increasing the blood flow and raising the core temperature) is preferred to stretching. I suggest googling “dynamic warmup” and looking at the resulting links.

I have my pitchers do a dynamic warm-up. It consists mostly of activities that involve movement with the addition of some flexibility and functional strength exercises.

Stretching can be done after a workout but you need to be careful that your pitchers don’t do stretches that loosen the joints.

[quote=“Roger”]I don’t have any URL’s for stretching but it is my understanding that the “experts” are now saying that warming up (i.e. actually increasing the blood flow and raising the core temperature) is preferred to stretching. I suggest googling “dynamic warmup” and looking at the resulting links.

I have my pitchers do a dynamic warm-up. It consists mostly of activities that involve movement with the addition of some flexibility and functional strength exercises.

Stretching can be done after a workout but you need to be careful that your pitchers don’t do stretches that loosen the joints.[/quote]

I completely agree.