A question for you guys

If you had been playing your first year of “midget” ball, there are kids in grade 12 while you’re in grade 10, and you were on an awful team and were given the chance to play with a good ball team but get less playing time, while not dramatically less playing time I think, but still less. It would be the difference of being the everday short stop to maybe moving to some 2nd base, a little bit of short and some outfield, still get some pitching, maybe less starts but you would still get time on the bump, what would you do?

Its your choice i would go with whatever wil teach you more

Well I’m playing with a decent coach but he doesn’t give a shit about winning anything this year. We are almost all first years with a couple bantams, and we have probably some of the best pitching prospects, via we were tied with the top team in the province through 6 innings then we put in a reliever thent got blown out. And thats a kid who throws like 82-84ish, then we have a bantam who had us up 2-1 till the 7th then our coach put in a reliever who thros the ball about 45 mph to be generous who got destroyed, and we lost 9-2.

Then, this coach who is decent is gone half the time coaching girls softball because he already made a commitment with them because he hadn’t planned on coaching us but our prior coach moved. the guy who is next in charge hasno idea what he is doing. Against a very beatable team he put in a junk pitcher who doesn’t have very good control and he got rocked.

On Saturday our coach was there, i played SS, took my first pitch to the fence, then i singled, then i walked. I made 4 or 5 nice plays and we turned a double play, and he said on sunday i’d be getting the start all game, and that one kid who sat all day would play our 2nd game on sunday on 2nd base because we have a 2nd year second baseman who could only go to the first game because he had to study for exams. Our coach didnt show up so our assistant coach took over and in the second gamae he put our first basemen at SS because he had been whinning about playing there, and then the kid who was supposed to play 2nd played left field, while his son started at second base. I got benched even though i SO once and had been on base every other time than that. We benched another kid who almost hit a dinger twice in the game before. the other back up short stop, who instead of playing short was supposed to play centerfield wasnt feeling well so i played centerfield, where i have never played before.

It’s just been a garbage season and my pa thinks i maybe should quit if all the bullshit keeps going on.

I know how you feel. My team is awful we just took dead last in a tournament of 10 teams. I thought about going to Green River and hour away but figured I wouldn’t play at all there. So I stayed, I’d rather get experience on the field than win.

Same here we hosted a tourny and we came in last out of 5 and one of our games we got merced so bad the ump called the game

Go where you will have the opportunity to learn the most. Your time as a kid ballplayer is short. It may seem like it will last forever now, but take my word for it, you’ll go to sleep one night as an 18 yo ace, and wake up the next morning as a 30 yo has been. Life is short, make the most of everything you do and love…including baseball.

No dress rehearsals, no second chances. You get one shot. Go where you feel will give you the tools to accomplish your goals.

Hose

Go where you will have the opportunity to learn the most. Your time as a kid ballplayer is short. It may seem like it will last forever now, but take my word for it, you’ll go to sleep one night as an 18 yo ace, and wake up the next morning as a 30 yo has been. Life is short, make the most of everything you do and love…including baseball.

No dress rehearsals, no second chances. You get one shot. Go where you feel will give you the tools to accomplish your goals.

Hose[/quote]
I know, thats why its tough making a decision

Re-read your original post from a neutral perspective and then determine where your head was at when you wrote it. Sounds to me like you are either: 1. unhappy with the present coaching; or 2. you’re listening to your dad, who is unhappy with the current coaching.

Do you think you are getting the knowledge and training from your present coach that will take you to the level you have chosen as a goal? Or are you unhappy because you’re not getting more playing time, or time at your favorite spot?

I’m not going to try to make your decision for you. That’s up to you. You have to man up and make a good decision based on your personal goals and needs. So write out what your goals are, and what you feel you need to achieve them. Make your decision based on that.

Good luck, and have fun.

Hose[/quote]