A lot has changes in a year!

First, i’m pretty sure that this is in the wrong section but:
So im back to posting on the forums since last year and a lot has changed! I don’t even know if anyone will remember me.
Things that have happened in the last year:

1. Graduated College a little early w/ a degree in computer science
  2. Got Drafted as a starting pitcher
  3. Started Playing rookie league

And before you ask, my GM said he would prefer if i didn’t say what organization i player for.

So I had a great final college season, Started 11 games, 2 CG went 7-1, 2.60 ERA, 73IP, 70H, 30R, 21ER, 20BB, 75K, 1.23 WHIP

I got named to first team all conference. And got taken somewhere in the first half of the draft.
So after I finished my 3 summer classes to graduate I have joined my teams rookie league affiliate and so far here is my line
2 GS 0-2 8IP 9H 6R 4ER 9K 5BB
So so far not so good.
But i’m back and just wanted to post an update.

Congratz man that’s awesome! I’m going to be trying to walk on to a college team here in September, hope to be in your shoes come four years from now. Are you able to tell us what college you attended? If not was it a Division 1 college?

It would be very much appreciated if you would post a personal pitching log and include some details of what it is like to be in the rookie league like for instance, instruction, coaching, daily routine, food, the ups, the downs…I think it would be worth your effort.

not to mention greatly appreciated by a number of people on this forum

@rckdhouse:
I actually attended a D3 school. We actually were consistently in the top 25 of the d3 coaches poll durring the 3 years I was there. I would actually say that the higher tier d3 schools would defiantly compete with the higher tier d2 schools. So far the biggest difference between d3 and d1 is:

1. The hitters from d1 are much better
  2. the pitchers from d1 came out of HS much more refined and are more refined than i am currently.
    D1 schools have more money so they get better coaches, facilities, etc.
    D1 schools get a lot more exposure.
    The main reason i got exposure is because my college coach knows people and our team has a very good reputation.

@Dino:
I will starting one very soon!

I’m going to be going to a D2 school, University of Hawaii at Hilo. They haven’t had a winning season since 1992, but it’s still d2 so I’m not sure how hard it will be to make it but I just wanna keep playin ball for as long as possible.

Best of luck possible, hope you make it to the bigs someday, and also hope to keep track with your pitching log!

@rckdhouse:
Most important thing that i cannot stress enough is get your degree.
Also strive to have a better work ethic than everyone else on your team and you will succeed. the only reason I am playing rookie ball is because i was able to graduate early.
But good luck!