A Little "Background" Please

Chinmusic

Through your “banter” with Chris O’Leary it’s obvious that you also possess scientific/medical knowledge about the issues you discuss. While Chris has already given us some background (“Who I Am And How I Got Here”), I’d be interested in hearing yours.

While your information certainly appears to be credible, I know I’d be more “comfortable” in knowing the background of its author. I realize that you may consider this intrusive, but when reading the various posts it seems that not only are you two not on the “same page”, but also that you aren’t even on the same book.

Though your combined efforts certainly have been food for thought for those of us who are “unknowing”, any info you’d be willing to provide would certainly be appreciated.

If I can borrow the words of CADad’s post on stress fractures…“Don’t listen to people who don’t know what they are talking about is the first step.”

I’m listening…

[quote=“skwezeplay”]Chinmusic

Through your “banter” with Chris O’Leary it’s obvious that you also possess scientific/medical knowledge about the issues you discuss. While Chris has already given us some background (“Who I Am And How I Got Here”), I’d be interested in hearing yours.

While your information certainly appears to be credible, I know I’d be more “comfortable” in knowing the background of its author. I realize that you may consider this intrusive, but when reading the various posts it seems that not only are you two not on the “same page”, but also that you aren’t even on the same book.

Though your combined efforts certainly have been food for thought for those of us who are “unknowing”, any info you’d be willing to provide would certainly be appreciated.

If I can borrow the words of CADad’s post on stress fractures…“Don’t listen to people who don’t know what they are talking about is the first step.”

I’m listening…[/quote]

Im a coach,strength and conditioning trainer, two sport college athlete with over 20 years of coaching experience in developing several different types of athletes. I do not consider myself anything but perhaps brutally honest and forthright. I say what I really think and make no bones about it I know what I know due to education/personal experience/coaching countless others.

I disagree with Chris for several reasons in regards to pitching. One reason is his “notions” are just those notions proven by nobody/nowhere at no time. I rely on what real live high level pitchers do as well as what the sport biomechanic/ortho docs have to say I trust them. I am fully aware that pitching is a risky risky endeavour, I also understand injury mechanisims. Above all else I know what it takes to throw a baseball 90mph. and from what I have seen Chris’s is not the way to go about it, again my opinion. Which is also currently held by everysingle pitcher who has ever pitched in the major leagues. I feel I can say that becasue there has never been a pitcher who uses chris’s type of mechanics. Nows whos company you gonna keep the guys in my corner or chris olearys? you see I truly believe that almost all of Chris points are moot for one solid reason. They will never be high level pitchers believe me the very first piethrowing non externally rotating pitcher I see stepping toward home plate thats wearing a pro jersey Ill be the first to say YEAH but until than I will also be the first to say NAY on probably 95-97% of chris olearys “notions”.

Thanks for your brutal honesty!

In Chris’ defense (not that he needs one) he’s always been willing to explain to whatever degree necessary any issues we were unclear on or we thought were debateable. While I understand that you choose to be “brutally honest” in your approach, it almost seems when I read your responses that you wait eagerly for one of his posts so you can tear his “logic” to shreds.

I have no problem with you verbally attacking any of his commentaries. Your background obviously says that your comments/findings/conclusions may be equally credible or possess even more validity than those offered by Chris. However, being brutally honest, I find myself a little less receptive to your “position” on the different topics - not because they are not well-supported, but because they appear to be laced with “venom”.

Please understand that this isn’t an issue of “taking sides”. Though I am new to this website, based on the questions asked in the numerous threads and the collective responses in the accompanying posts, I believe its purpose is to share information - to help us learn - to agree to disagree.
I don’t see it including an attempt (at least it appears that way) to make the author of any thread or post look foolish or like an idiot for his willingess to share his knowledge and/or speak his mind.

Since I have profitted from the “wisdom” of both of you and would like to see this exchange of information continue, simply, brutally put, I don’t want to see this “exchange” become a p—ing contest.