A Gym Workout

Anyone (esp. like KC or centerfield) but any1… does any1 have like a real good gym workout. cuz like idk if lifting will help me or will just throwing… prob throwin

Doing both would be the best option. Strength training 3-4 days a week, work on sports specific skills the other days, then take one day a week to rest and recover.

I put several good gym workouts on the stickied thread. See what suits your needs. If you want, post the workout you would like to follow and then we can give you some feedback, etc.

Like should i do like weighted stuff or like should i do just body weight cuz idk im confused on what 2 do help me out mannnnnnn… i might go 2 a sacred heart camp on columbus day cuz its in my area

TuffCuff

yeah well dude id have to buy that … and thats like 70 bucks bro… is it in stores or just online… and i gotta pay my way thru a clinic… its a day with the Sacred Heart Coaches for 6 hours n like a clinic… is 150 bucks for 6 hrs alot? it seems it 2 me

Do you have access to a weightroom/ gym?

I think mixing bodyweight and weightlifting is the best option.

yeah i can get 2 a gym/ weightroom

KC help me out bro haha… today i did… like 5 sets of everything about 10 reps for everything this is what i did
External/ Internal Rotation and at 90º… jus 2 stretch n stuff
Lat Pull Downs at 70,80,90,100 lbs… 10 reps for each set
Bicep Curls… 4 sets… of 20,25,25,30
Bent Over Rows (machine kind of) - The bar itself prob is like 30 pounds then i threw on a plate and did 4 reps of 10
Dips (machine where u push down) i did 4 sets of 130
I did some chest press machine like 90 pounds 3 sets of 10
I normally do more stuff but i like couldnt think of other stuff really… so help me out… lemme shut up all them haters haha

Okay, try this out for a few weeks…

[quote]3 day split with basic exercises
Monday- Squat, one arm DB snatch, dips, deadlift, chinups, BB bench

Weds- Incline DB Bench, Jump Squats, Overhead Press (any variety), High Pulls, Pushups (any variation), Bodyweight Rows (aka reverse bench)

Friday- Squats, Pullups, Hang Clean, Bent over rows (BB or DB), Stiff Legged Deads, Calf Raises
[/quote]
For the first two weeks, use a 4x8 set/rep scheme. The next two weeks go 3x10. Make sure to use the appropriate amount of weight and correct form with all the exercises.

question: DB snatches? what are they… other than that ill try that I like it bro… but for bench i heard i shouldnt touch the chest cuz it puts too much pressure on ur rotator cuff… is that true

Great explanation of pressing movements with regard to athletes that throw.

Eric Cressey at his finest:
http://www.elitefts.com/documents/overhead_athlete.htm

This is one of the better videos showing the DB snatch. You can blame Crossfit for the lame music… :wink:

http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/CrossFit_DBSnatch.wmv

As always, start with lower amounts of weight and learn the move before adding weight.

[quote=“centerfield2150”]Great explanation of pressing movements with regard to athletes that throw.

Eric Cressey at his finest:
http://www.elitefts.com/documents/overhead_athlete.htm[/quote]
That’s a good read. I guess I’ll yield to the greater authority in this case.

Switch up the BB benching with some of the exercises in the article.

arite sounds good guys… that thing looks kinda hard tho… and if i do it wrong it looks like itll mess up my arm but ill do it light at first… thanks every1

This is a pretty solid article about pitching potential:

It’s too bad I’m down here in South Florida; but I’ve managed to catch Cressey at a few seminars and have become a fan of his work.

The numbers speak for themselves too 4-5 to 12-0 and 8mph increase. I think if you look at that you might say its a one time thing, but based on his writings, Cressey knows what he’s talking about, and has done it before.

He usually keeps his blog updated with information: http://ericcressey.blogspot.com

right now i got this real good workout from my coach… its 2 muscle groups a day… so its like … shoulders n legs day 1… day 2 is bi’s and tri’s then 3 is chest and back… shoulders is just like stretches … no lifts at all

[quote=“joeyt214”]Anyone (esp. like KC or centerfield) but any1… does any1 have like a real good gym workout. cuz like idk if lifting will help me or will just throwing… prob throwin[/quote]upper body- hammer curls, arm curls, 90 degree bench press, light db work for your rotator cuff, pull ups (while laying on back, pull your selfup on a bar or whatever you can get), tricep extentions, lat pull downs, med ball push ups, wrist curls, wrist ext lower body- split squats, squats, calf ext., we dont do many leg work with weights really…abs…regular, side, v-ups, bicycles