A few little things

As a right handed pitcher when your left foot lands, should it land facing third then twist towards home, or should it land already facing home?

Also, one big thing that’s been bothering me is my back leg. Shouldn’t the back leg bend a little as you come home. When I stay tall on that leg, I find I get the ball up.

[quote=“jmart917”]As a right handed pitcher when your left foot lands, should it land facing third then twist towards home, or should it land already facing home?

Also, one big thing that’s been bothering me is my back leg. Shouldn’t the back leg bend a little as you come home. When I stay tall on that leg, I find I get the ball up.[/quote]

1. I think your stride foot (left foot) should be pointing at the target upon landing. I don’t know why exactly you have to do this way, but every some major leaguer do it, so you should follow them hehe
    But remember, try to “open up your foot” late. I mean, when you are striding, go with it pointing towards the 3B. I think that will help you not to open up your hips too early.

2. I bend it just a little. I’m not a tall guy, 5’9’’ so if I bend it too much I won’t have the power to drive my body forward.
    Again, there is no problem by bending the back leg, if you have enough power to drive your body towards home plate then keep doing it.

I agree.

Otherwise you could put too much stress on the knee and not open the hips fast enough.

i agree also but i think that it should be pointed about 15-20 degrees towards the base your body is pointing from the stretch position to make sure that you do not open up to early.

I say that your toe should be pointing to first or third. If you do point your toe at the target you are throwing at be sure not to step out of your base like a lot of pitchers do.