A Dick Mills vid

To counter balance and illuminate…U-Tube has a few

What about rotation/ Or does he teach tall and fall?

Heres some more…If you have more of Nyman…post it

Some Tom House for everyone

The House video is out of date - he does not today teach hips and shoulders rotating together as he shows in that video. In fact, he has a similar drill that employs hip and shoulder separation.

Well we’ll keep an eye out for some of his fresh stuff, and post what we find.
I really think these vids can give a more complete understanding of these coaches we talk so much about. With the caveat that it is just a moment in there ever evolving careers.

I disagree with Mills on just about every point he makes, starting with the first video posted. I won’t even bother addressing his momentum pitching theories which are garbage. The elbow needs to stay down, not at shoulder level as Mills suggests and here are a couple other guys who agree with me:

Keep in mind, the point of me dumping this stuff is because we have many many people asking about these guys all of the time, so giving more info is better. I myself am ambivelant to most “guru-ism” including O’Learyesque absolute statements such as where the arm is in relation to the shoulder.
I am still the Unofficial Unauthorized Head Master of the School Of Greg, but I would betcha a dollar to a doughnut that Greg would never preach “cookie-cutterisms” like the whole arm to shoulder cannard or for that matter the stuff you get out of Mills or Nyman…though I don’t necessarily think that they can’t coach an individual to pitch better…heck, just ask Lanky Lefty…he has become totally convinced that what Nyman offers is better than sliced bread…and let me tell you that kid has walked the miles and done the research. The idea of this site is the free flow of ideas in an attempt to better help guys learn how to pitch better…your opinion matters as do the advocates of the other “guru’s”.
I promote the idea the each individual should learn to deliver the ball in the most efficient way that they/their body can…prepare, condition, study…win Cy Youngs…you know…all of that.

[quote=“jdfromfla”]Well we’ll keep an eye out for some of his fresh stuff, and post what we find.
I really think these vids can give a more complete understanding of these coaches we talk so much about. With the caveat that it is just a moment in there ever evolving careers.[/quote]

JD,

Wasn’t trying to discourage you from posting this vids. I think it’s great you’re posting 'em. Just wanted to add my insights since I had some.

I didn’t think that at all…House is apparently a bit more camera shy than Mills…he sure looked real young didn’t he?..I bet there was some polyester in the locker room…white belt and white vinyl shoes :wink:

:puke1:

Aw come on you mean you don’t think all that and a gold chain with a spoon on it made you the coolest guy at the disco? Chick magnet? I bet you still have a closet full of that stuff and a powder blue tux with a ruffleie shirt and tails… 8) …now man! Thats cool!

Huh! Don’t forget the platform shoes!!!

Hose