8 Year old pitching help

My son pitched some this year and he has the ability and decent accurarcy but lacks speed. He was taught to bring his right hand and right leg foward toward the plate. After the pitch his foot and hand are toward the plate. Is this correct form? I have watched several of the clips and have not saw this type of follow through? I have some poor quality video from the catchers view I will try to post later. Any advice will be appreciated.

Grizzle

[quote=“spoolhead1”]He was taught to bring his right hand and right leg foward toward the plate. After the pitch his foot and hand are toward the plate. Is this correct form?[/quote]If they’re to come at the same time, then no, it’s not correct. If the hips are rotating at the same time as the shoulders, then no, it’s not correct.

[quote=“spoolhead1”]I have watched several of the clips and have not saw this type of follow through?[/quote]In a coaching certification course I took several years ago, I received what I think is the same recommendation. I too was frustrated because I’d not seen a pro do it or read anything that recommends it. So I decided to do the homework myself. Your suspicions are correct.

Spend some time reading on this site and really look closely at the videos of the pros in the video clips library, also on this site. Then come back with some questions. You’ll be glad you “did your homework”.

As always, good advice from DM.

Given your son’s age, I would focus on basic mechanics but I wouldn’t worry too much about speed.

Yes his arm and leg come foward together so his hips have to come at the same time. I am still trying to upload the poor quality video.

Thanks
Grizzle