60 Day vs 90 Day Throwing Program

About to start the Tuffcuff workouts with my players and was wondering which throwing program you guys would recommend. Obviously, we have enough time for both, but I have guys ranging from 14 years old to 17.

Should the 14 y/o’s do 60 and the older kids do 90?

Anyone done both before?

I’m not a pitching coach, but I DO consider myself a student who has realized success as a result of committing to the Tuff Cuff 15 week throwing program. I started Monday 2/14 and completed the program last friday. I realized tremendous gains throughout the course of the 15 weeks. To take it a step further, I was relentlessly committed to nutrition, strength & conditioning, etc. I guess what I’m saying is that I’m a big advocate of the 15 week program if your schedule allows for it.

Good Luck!

[quote=“ecmike73”]I’m not a pitching coach, but I DO consider myself a student who has realized success as a result of committing to the Tuff Cuff 15 week throwing program. I started Monday 2/14 and completed the program last friday. I realized tremendous gains throughout the course of the 15 weeks. To take it a step further, I was relentlessly committed to nutrition, strength & conditioning, etc. I guess what I’m saying is that I’m a big advocate of the 15 week program if your schedule allows for it.

Good Luck![/quote]

Did you see an increase of velocity? If so, how much?

I can feel comfortable saying yes. However, I couldn’t pinpoint the increase as I’ve haven’t gotten myself on a radar gun in 2 seasons. While I’m curious, the opportunity just hasn’t presented itself and I haven’t forced the issue. I can tell you that so far this season I’ve allowed only 9 hits (8 singles & 1 double) thru 15 IP while striking out 15 and walking 4. My ERA is 0.00 and leads the league.

In case you’re wondering, I play in the 21+ wood bat only Westchester / Putnam MABL in New York.