6 pack help

I’ll be 16 in may, i’m 6’2 247, and i was wonderingwhat exercises i can do that will help me get to 220 or below, and a 6 pack. exercises, diet, the whole 9…

p.s. i plan on running a hell of a lot more this year too, also…i would call myself “fat” but i do have quite a bit more muscle than fat. it’s just around my stomach area that’s really the problem. If i were to compare myself to someone body wise like a joba chamberlain, bobby jenks, etc.

take it slow, take it slow.

You by no means have to drop that much weight to be an effective pitcher. A six pack is not necessary to be effective. I will say, however, that to see your abs, you should be well under 10% body fat. 8-9% will make you look very ripped. I think however that this should not be your primary goal. Drop the excess weight that’s inhibiting your performance, and you should be fine.

How you go about dropping this fat is a different story. It starts with diet, from my understanding, and not just from long distance running either. I read a good article somewhere about how sprinting was actually more effective for dropping fat than long-distance. It might have been on bodybuilding.com or Johnberardi.com.

Anyway, good luck, and make sure to track your progress or you will never meet this goal. I’m sure i left something out, KC should be able to offer insight.

[quote=“Too_Mutch13”]I’ll be 16 in may, i’m 6’2 247, and i was wonderingwhat exercises i can do that will help me get to 220 or below, and a 6 pack. exercises, diet, the whole 9…

p.s. i plan on running a hell of a lot more this year too, also…i would call myself “fat” but i do have quite a bit more muscle than fat. it’s just around my stomach area that’s really the problem. If i were to compare myself to someone body wise like a joba chamberlain, bobby jenks, etc.[/quote]

Go slow. Drop too much weight and you could possibly lose some velocity.

[quote=“LankyLefty”]take it slow, take it slow.

You by no means have to drop that much weight to be an effective pitcher. A six pack is not necessary to be effective. I will say, however, that to see your abs, you should be well under 10% body fat. 8-9% will make you look very ripped. I think however that this should not be your primary goal. Drop the excess weight that’s inhibiting your performance, and you should be fine.

How you go about dropping this fat is a different story. It starts with diet, from my understanding, and not just from long distance running either. I read a good article somewhere about how sprinting was actually more effective for dropping fat than long-distance. It might have been on bodybuilding.com or Johnberardi.com.

Anyway, good luck, and make sure to track your progress or you will never meet this goal. I’m sure i left something out, KC should be able to offer insight.[/quote]

One of my best friends was a wrestler and had 12% BF, but had crazy ripped abbs.
I think it not only depends on how low your BF has to be, but also on how well developed you abdominal muscles are.

[quote=“pitchking807”][quote=“LankyLefty”]take it slow, take it slow.

Anyway, good luck, and make sure to track your progress or you will never meet this goal. I’m sure i left something out, KC should be able to offer insight.[/quote]

One of my best friends was a wrestler and had 12% BF, but had crazy ripped abbs.
I think it not only depends on how low your BF has to be, but also on how well developed you abdominal muscles are.[/quote]

Agreed.

If you focus on diet, strength and conditioning, then aesthetics will take care of itself. Sprints and high intensity training will burn much more fat than long slow distance, plus it is better for your power development.

But seriously, you need to learn some patience. Most of your posts here have been looking for quick fixes, and often the quick solutions are not the best ones. It would be better to pick a moderate course of action that you can stick to over the long haul, rather than going completely head over heels for two weeks, then losing interest. Making incremental changes will allow you to also change your lifestyle and bad habits, and that is how you get the amazing results. Go read CF’s log; there are countless hours of blood, sweat, and tears involved with training to be in peak condition. You have to be absolutely dedicated to it.

My vote for the Governer of the Great State of Fitness :smiley: 8) :wink:

if you want a six pack, stay away from the six packs.

:applause:

If you don’t work your mid-lower back, you wont have much of a six pack no matter how much you do abs.
Good Luck.

[quote=“kc86”]
But seriously, you need to learn some patience. Most of your posts here have been looking for quick fixes, and often the quick solutions are not the best ones. It would be better to pick a moderate course of action that you can stick to over the long haul, rather than going completely head over heels for two weeks, then losing interest. Making incremental changes will allow you to also change your lifestyle and bad habits, and that is how you get the amazing results. Go read CF’s log; there are countless hours of blood, sweat, and tears involved with training to be in peak condition. You have to be absolutely dedicated to it.[/quote]

I know it won’t happen fast, it seems like i have no patience but i know this stuff doesn’t happen like that

Diet, diet, and diet… And Patience…

That is all the advice I have to offer, lol… I rarely ever do any specific core exercises, but yet I have an eight pak, although I have a different body type them you and am to the extreme, metabolically efficient to the max… (hmm, that sentence doesn’t sound right)…

Start incorporating some sprint work into your routine…

I sprint 3-4 times a week, now that the roads in front of my house are clear of snow…

Mountain Climbers into sprints… Wind Sprints… Vary up the tempo.

But I’m going to be brutally honest with you… If you deal with any digestive problems, etc… Get that stuff fixed… I guarantee your energy levels will go up if you do in fact digest your food efficiently…

Start eliminating processed foods from your diet-they suck… But I do believe in rewarding one’s self at least one day out of the week if you stick to eating healthy and training consistently… Personally, I don’t do this, but it can help keep you a bit more sane…

EFA’S! (fish oil, cod liver oil, salmon)!

Balancing out your diet (carb manipulation)… Fat intake… Saturated fats, polyunsaturated, unsaturated, etc…

You can pretty much live on fats/protein.

Anyways, man, what’s your diet like?