3X Velocity Program

I’m a 19 year old college freshman who has currently topped out at 84 mph. I’m looking for a way to gain as much velocity as possible. I’d hope to get to the 90 mph range by next season. I’ve been doing some online research and one of the best programs I’ve seen is the 3X program. I’d just like some advice on it and some responses from anyone who has used the program and what types of gains they have seen.

[quote]Here are some of the priceless Benefits of 3X Pitching

You will dominate hitters!- Hitters will no longer anticipate your next fastball, they will fear it! This will make baseball pitching a lot easier and way more fun.

You will become “The Ace”! – Your Coach wants his Ace to throw the hardest on the team and maybe even in the league. It makes him look good and it will win him games.

Scouts will start contacting you! – You will start seeing radar guns popping up at all of your games. Scouts will start communicating with you and getting to know you on a first name basis.

You will make the paper and go viral on the web! – They will call you the “Heater,” or the “Rocket” in the local paper and all over the net, in reference to your last performance.

The letter K will become your favorite letter! – When you are mowing hitters down you will be collecting K’s like it is going out of style. It will be so addicting that you will want to see how many K’s you can collect in one game.

Invites to play for Allstar teams and invitation only leagues! – Every team wants a flame thrower to show off with, especially the top leagues in the country.

You will become the leader of your team! – Your new intimidating fastball will lift your team up and they will make you the new team leader. It is more valuable than having a homerun hitter in the 4 hole slot.

You will get paid to pitch! – All Coaches in college and professional baseball are willing to pay lots of money for a hard thrower on the mound. College scholarship money of course and a professional contract!

You will get the girls! – What girl doesn’t want to date the team stud? The guy who intimidates hitters with his explosive fastball. You will become a chick magnet! WARNING: BEWARE OF CLEAT CHASERS!

You will always have the bragging rights! – No one is going to want to challenge you at the plate, and if they do, a screaming fastball on their hands will definitely shut them up.

You will play this game for a very long time! – Throwing hard is a ticket to play in any league at anytime in your life. Hard throwing pitchers are hard to find, so you will always be in demand as long as you can keep throwing the heat!

YOU WILL THROW HARDER THAN YOU EVER THOUGHT POSSIBLE! – This is the honest truth! I can say this because it worked for me and it is working today for tons of pitchers like you.[/quote]

Cut and pasted directly from the website.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/team.cgi?id=60549cce

One year in the Independent Leagues in 2006. He was Jose Conseco’s teammate when Jose was 41 years old and all washed up.

Didn’t Rachael Ray have a weight loss diet also? Have you seen her lately?

Think about it though. If anybody paid four hundred for this program and it didn’t work…they ain’t going to tell you about it. Maybe you can invest and let us all know.

Sorry, I’m a cynic. It comes with the profession.

yah baby! Chick magnet…

Advertisements like this are are so obvious…

Cy Young was a chick magnet too…

Just like Gaylord Perry…Chick Magnet

And David Wells

Fightin them off with a stick :wink:

How about a lot of self research…and studying hours of mechanics…and the will power and hard work it takes to put it all together. It ain’t pretty…but at the end you may actually be a chick magnet

where did you find 3x? Between the snake oil and the crushed deer antler? :roll:

Those promises sound like a bad info-mercial :wink:

I’m listening to some of the material now and, so far, nothing new and exciting has been revealed. It does seem like good information.

Its actually a very good program with 3 components.

1- Conditioning- speed and agility
2- Strength-Weight training focusing on Olympic lifts
3- Mechanics- Drills and excercises that produce proper mechanics.

I’d suggest you go to his website and delve into all the free articles and information on the site to decide for yourself. He also does free video analysis that you can look at on his forums and get a very good understanding of the program.
He believes that Hip Shoulder separation is a key component in producing a high velocity pitchers. And the key to developing HS separation is triple extending the drive leg ankle, knee and hip flexor. The strength, conditioning, and mechanics help you get there.
I’ll admit that the 3x benefits section you copy and pasted is over the top, to say the least. But, its a little tongue in cheek if you ask me. I never actually read that section. But, I would suggest that you go over the other sections that are valuable and thought provoking. The cost is for each person to decide, but isn’t out of line compared to what else is out there, but cheapshots posted here are annoying. Give the guy the same chance that you give others on this site and you may be surprised that you may learn something you didn’t know…

As far as a chick magnet. If you are a major league ballplayer, you don’t have to look like me (lol) or Tom Selleck to get the chicks. Here is a picture of David Wells with his wife.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=pitcher+david+wells+and+his+wife&qs=n&form=QBIR&pq=pitcher+david+wells+and+his+wife&sc=1-24&sp=-1&sk=#view=detail&id=1B9D109D139F7813272169756C3A48C1C1F630AE&selectedIndex=0

Been to the website and to the gym. Not impressed.

Brent is a good guy, but he is also an actor. Maybe that’s why every thing seems like an infomercial, it is.

I gotta admit…my wife does not have a hat like that. Then again, if she wore something like that around here, she might be mistaken for a wild turkey.

I gotta admit…my wife does not have a hat like that. Then again, if she wore something like that around here, she might be mistaken for a wild turkey.[/quote]

She is still hot. Lots of ugly ballplayers have hot wives and girlfriends…

[quote=“Turn 22”]Been to the website and to the gym. Not impressed.

Brent is a good guy, but he is also an actor. Maybe that’s why every thing seems like an infomercial, it is.[/quote]

Could you explain. You went to the website and his gym and you didn’t like the program? Just curious.

I gotta admit…my wife does not have a hat like that. Then again, if she wore something like that around here, she might be mistaken for a wild turkey.[/quote]

:lol:

I have watched a few of his comparative analyses.

He usually doesn’t make any sense, and (in general) asks the kids to mimic the pro he is comparing them to.

It is pretty damn hard to replicate a mirrored Aroldis Chapman!

[quote=“kylejamers”]I have watched a few of his comparative analyses.

He usually doesn’t make any sense, and (in general) asks the kids to mimic the pro he is comparing them to.

It is pretty damn hard to replicate a mirrored Aroldis Chapman![/quote]

I would disagree. I thinks his analysis are extremely clear and he breaks the pitching motion down to 6 components. He does not have you “mimic” a pro. This is simply “choregraphing” mechanics, which is ineffective. You need speed, power, and correct mechanics. In fact, he tries to point out that you can hit those components in different ways, but there are certain common factors that elite pitchers have. Lincecum and Chapman and Bauer all look very different, but there are certain movements that they share in common when you look at them closely.
I also like the fact that he believes HS separation is not only a key component, but that is learnable/teachable. And there are certain drills that you can do to reinforce the correct motor coordination patterns to acheive this. I guess we will have to disagree.

[quote=“BR TROJANS1”][quote=“kylejamers”]I have watched a few of his comparative analyses.

It is pretty damn hard to replicate a mirrored Aroldis Chapman![/quote]

I would disagree. I thinks his analysis are extremely clear and he breaks the pitching motion down to 6 components. He does not have you “mimic” a pro. This is simply “choregraphing” mechanics, which is ineffective. You need speed, power, and correct mechanics. In fact, he tries to point out that you can hit those components in different ways, but there are certain common factors that elite pitchers have. Lincecum and Chapman and Bauer all look very different, but there are certain movements that they share in common when you look at them closely.
I also like the fact that he believes HS separation is not only a key component, but that is learnable/teachable. And there are certain drills that you can do to reinforce the correct motor coordination patterns to acheive this. I guess we will have to disagree.[/quote]

Do you know anyone who’s used the program and the types of gains they made. Just off of mechanical consistency and efficiency I think you could gain 2-3 mph.

Yes. I bought the program for my son when he was 14-15. He was not old enough to use the weights at the gym (had to be 16), so he did the mechanics. He plays basketball and there was overlap with the conditioning part of program. Just off mechanics/conditioning it was over 5 mph at the end of 16 weeks. Its advisable to do all 3 elements at the same time. He is seeing more gains as his strength and size increases.

See the truth…believe…

I mean Maguire was ugly enough to make a freight train take a dirt road…

We do have to give a nod toward the hokey :wink:

pitcher

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=clay+buchholz&FORM=HDRSC2#view=detail&id=3498E31AC6A88F853C160A8416E1EE2829F1A3B4&selectedIndex=18

Wife

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=lindsay+clubine&FORM=HDRSC2#view=detail&id=2A2806D7CE8C3CEC487A6C9624EE34E9A58AE325&selectedIndex=73

Don’t make me start pulling out millionaire/wife pics…it ain’t the art that attracts the cuties…they leave a trail of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
I mean…Anna Nicole…Do I need to say more about the 95 yr old man she hooked?..It wasn’t his fast ball that fascinated her…nor his funky dance moves.

Hokey, the ad was hokey…I like Brent personally…he’s posted here and other places many times and like I said…I like him…not an unsmart p coach…but “chick magnet”??? Oh we just have to have fun with that…Brent would laugh about it too.

[quote]
Turn 22 wrote:
Been to the website and to the gym. Not impressed.

Brent is a good guy, but he is also an actor. Maybe that’s why every thing seems like an infomercial, it is.

Could you explain. You went to the website and his gym and you didn’t like the program? Just curious.[/quote]

IMO he’s not reinventing the wheel, he is simply putting slick marketing and a lot of claims to information one can find on this very sight or from any average pitching coach. I think he uses too much comparison to big league pitchers to rope in clients.
Sorry, I just didn’t see anything special. He isn’t teaching some secrets that will magically transform a pitcher. It’s all about the marketing.