30 Minute lunch workout, increasing arm strength

I have played slow pitch for the last 10 years or so since high school, i recently got onto a hardball team and played my first game, it felt so good to play real baseball again. Anyways they want me to pitch due to lack of pitchers (obviously), my arm strength is ok because ive been playing softball but its not what i know it could be so am looking for a good 30 min workout i could do everyday by myself on my lunchbreak to try to increase my velocity a bit. I was thinking of just bringing the old throwing net and throwing for 30 mins everyday but theres probably a better way. Any advice would be apprieciated, also would throwing a softball (heavier) benefit me more than throwing a baseball?

Here’s something I used to do when I was a little snip and continued well into my playing days. I would get a catcher—there’s nothing like a real live person with a catcher’s mitt—and we would go to a playing field which was not being used, where we would set up, me on the mound and the catcher behind the plate. We would then play a little game we called “ball and strike”; the catcher would position his mitt in various spots, high, low, inside, outside, every which way but standing on his head :lol:, and I would concentrate on getting the ball smack-dab into the pocket of that mitt (actually throwing the ball through the mitt rather than just at it). I did this with all my pitches, at different speeds, and because I was a natural sidearmer I did it with the crossfire which I had picked up on my own. It was a terrific workout, a lot of fun, and one of the best ways I could think of not only to sharpen up control but also to build up arm strength. We would go at it for an hour at a time—you could probably do something like this in an abbreviated version, a half-hour during your lunch break, starting out throwing easy and then in increments pouring it on, building up your velocity as well.
And use a regulation baseball, and throw at the usual 60’6" distance. 8)

I would get yourself some 3 lb dumbbells and do some shoulder exercises. you can find the different kind of raises to do on many websites or just by chatting with someone. just by using the 3 pounders you can get yourself a stronger rotator cuff and prevent some injuries

Wow. Now there’s a question. How can I increase velocity? Well, given that pitching is a whole body action, focusing on one aspect, arm strength, isn’t going to get you very far. There are those who believe that arm strength isn’t even required. So, you need to look more holistically at this. Overall athleticism, core strength, legs, glutes, arm, nutrition, mechanics and the timing of the parts, shoulder muscles/tendons conditioning, … and on and on.

No shortcuts, my friend.

Well, if you have 30 dollars to throw around, at most sporting goods stores they sell a set of three weighted baseballs. I think they are 7, 9, and 11 oz. They worked wonders on me