3 weeks off.. what should I do?

I have 3 weeks off from baseball practice. Its a time to recover from summer and fall ball. Then we start winter conditioning. I really don’t know if I should take these three weeks off from any pitching or exercise. I feel like I need it in a way but I know my mind won’t let me. Plus in my gym class we are doing weight room everyday. So far this week i have done nothing. What would you do?

I suggest taking the 3 weeks off from pitching/throwing and if you have to lift in class then go light and try to do 15-20 reps. Also, if your conditioning is mostly running based then use these couple weeks to get ready for that. Take a long jog 2 or 3 times a week and do some sprints or HIIT running twice a week.

If these are the only 3 weeks off you get a year, I’d take it off. Us OCD guys always start going CRAZY this time of year as we wrestle with taking time off and getting a good workout/throw in. But in the long run, I think taking time off is much more beneficial. Heads up for some withdrawals! :slight_smile:

LTadrian-
All sports players need a rest sometime during the year.
Personally, I would rest for those 3 weeks.

Enjoy the break man! Watch some pigskin!

You mean football?
Personally, I prefer hockey to football.