3 Questions

1.) I am going to be starting my off-season training program soon and I was wondering if creatine is safe to take. I’m going to be 16 in November, I’m 5’10 140 lbs. if that info is needed. I also take whey protein, is creatine going to have a bigger effect on muscle growth then the protein?

2.) I am currently taking pycnogenol-it is suppose to stimulate your pituatry gland which produces hormones. I am also taking Bilberry for my eyes and because it’s an antioxident. The other thing I’m taking is a pH Balance pill to balanca my body’s pH level which is essential for overall health. My question is what other supplements would be beneficial for me to take to improve strength, health, growing, endurance, or any other important trait while training and playing sports?

3.) My last question is how much sleep should I be getting at night? Like I said I’ll be 16 soon and I usually go to bed around 1030 1100 and wake up at 7 during the week and 11 on weekends. Should I be going to bed earlier like at 10?

Any info would be helpful…thanks :slight_smile:

p.s. where on this board would I post a question about gloves since I’m new here? Thanks

If you want to talk on AIM my AIm is Jay21328 and I can help you out ok. We woukd get alot accomplished because it’s easy to have a conversation.

ok imed you

Insight on here would still be nice.

Does kc or anyone have any input?

[quote=“baseballer11”]1.) I am going to be starting my off-season training program soon and I was wondering if creatine is safe to take. I’m going to be 16 in November, I’m 5’10 140 lbs. if that info is needed. I also take whey protein, is creatine going to have a bigger effect on muscle growth then the protein?

2.) I am currently taking pycnogenol-it is suppose to stimulate your pituatry gland which produces hormones. I am also taking Bilberry for my eyes and because it’s an antioxident. The other thing I’m taking is a pH Balance pill to balanca my body’s pH level which is essential for overall health. My question is what other supplements would be beneficial for me to take to improve strength, health, growing, endurance, or any other important trait while training and playing sports?

3.) My last question is how much sleep should I be getting at night? Like I said I’ll be 16 soon and I usually go to bed around 1030 1100 and wake up at 7 during the week and 11 on weekends. Should I be going to bed earlier like at 10?

Any info would be helpful…thanks :slight_smile:

p.s. where on this board would I post a question about gloves since I’m new here? Thanks[/quote]

1. Creatine is safe. Your results will depend on how your body reacts and also what type of program you use for strength training.

2. The main ones are fish oil pills, creatine, whey protein, a postworkout drink and something like greens+ to supplement veggie intake. Barber is probably the man to ask for this one.

3. Sleep varies greatly from person to person. 8 hours is a good benchmark, but you need to see how your body reacts to it. If you need more sleep, then get more. This is especially important if you are training intensely.

The most important things for a program will be nutrition and exercise. No supplement can make up for poor planning in either of those cases.

Wouldn’t the creatine and/or the protein be the post-workout drink?

any input from barber?