23 haven't pitched since age 16. Any hope?

So I’ll start off with some information. When I pitched my last year, I was a sophomore lefty with a 3/4 delivery and threw high 70’s-low 80’s. I hadn’t fully developed my body, but I loved pitching enough to build my mechanics and arm strength. I had good late movement on my fastball, curve, and changeup. Unfortunately, I was forced into homeschooling and wasn’t really able to find opportunities to play. I played one year for a homeschool team where I was never allowed to pitch until the year end tournament (where I won team mvp shutting down 2 of the top ranked teams there, yes I’m still salty). The team disbanded after that sophomore year.

I then homeschool/dual enrolled at a community college and frustrated by the lack of opportunities, I decided to just focus on school. Well, at 23 having not played or really worked out at all since then, I can still hit 80 despite my complete dead arm.

If I really dedicated myself and went all out to build my arm strength, body, and mechanics, would it be possible to get my velocity to a point where I could have a chance to make some kind of roster?

There is an 18+ wood bat league an hour and a half away from me that I’m considering training for to play in next year. Would at my age, there be other opportunities past that if I could get my velocity up to 90ish as a movement/deception lefty?

Is it just too late? Or do I owe it to myself to try?

I apologize since I’m sure this has been asked a million times.

Million and one :sunglasses: not to worry though, look, adult league can be both very competitive and very welcoming (They usually need guys) so give it a whack, see what you have as far as desire (The key) and time to invest…you’ll have a ton of fun anyway. If you have time to condition and train and desire, the sky is the limit.

I completely agree with JD.

I agree with JD

I can show you new techniques in throwing based on physics. I’m involved with all throwing and swinging sports. You can read about some of my work in the NY Times: Professor Tennis