I am just getting started with this log to document my journey.
Summer before Freshman Year:
- I was 5’7" 115lb throwing around 65 mph. I consider myself a late bloomer! My dad is 6’2’ so I should get up to 6 feet.
- I threw a 4 seam fastball and a curve. The curve was nasty. Could not get my change-up to work well though.
- My goal last summer was to get plenty of mound time and get to 130lb and above 70mph by Feb.
- Played up during the summer with a 15U showcase team in the SE. That was fun!
- Played with my high school’s summer team. Basically lots of scrimmages against other schools.
- I did Parisi speed school strength program all summer.
- Continued working with my pitching coach every week.
Fall 2015 - Freshman Year:
- Continued with the showcase organization’s 15U team in the Fall as a pitcher only.
- I did Parisi speed school strength program in the Fall when the high school wasn’t doing baseball workouts.
- Clocked at 67-68mph fastball in November at tryouts for the summer 2016 team.
- Fall GPA 4.2
- Height was increasing!
- Continued to meet with my pitching coach weekly. He had me following a throwing program over the winter. He started to dial me back in in January before high school tryouts. I definitely gained velocity, but we did not have a gun to measure it.
- Weight training with the baseball team.
- Met with a hitting instructor twice per week.
- Made the JV team. Struggled early in the season with location. It took a few weeks to really tweek my mechanics. Finished the season strong!
- I turned 15 in March. As of May, I am 5’9" 132lb.
- Will play summer with a 15U showcase team in the SE.
- Will play some summerball with my high school.
- Will do Parisi strength all summer.
Short Term Goals:
- Get Stronger!
- Be more purposeful with what I eat.
- Hit the weights and be consistent with workouts and training. I want to add muscle! I will add more details as I get it hammered out.
- I really want to hit 80mph by Feb 2017.
- discuss and layout a strategy with my pitching coach. I’ll add more details as I get it hammered out.