2017 Lefty

Pitched today. First varsity start on the bump. Went 6 inning gave up 5 runs. Second inning gave up 4 due to BB and ump not giveing me strikes , but I was hitting my spots. I lost it mentally for a while, but I was able to gather my self finally. Pitched 90+ pitches and was really tired. Thank god for good mechs so that I could use my whole body to throw. Presently sore in bicep and deltoid and last area. Taking a hot bath now. I had a higher arm slot it seemed today. Pitch break down : 2s FB (60%) ,slider (20%), CU and curve (10%) each. That’s just a guess of my throws. I threw about 80% velocity I’m guessing. Tried a pick off but I didn’t get him. I need to have better mound presence.

Threw warm ups yesterday and I have dead arm, so I shut it down. Threw a bit today lightly and felt a it stronger. Game tomorrow , not pitching, but I need to hit so I don’t know what’s going to happen.

Started 5 innings today. Threw harder cuz my 2sfb was more accurate, lost my slider when I got tired. Curveball was good at first but then broke too much and went in the dirt. Change up was not accurate. Got tired and lost control in the fith and walked some. Gave up five run, but we won! :smiley:

Today i pitched 75 pitches and gave 6 runs 5 innings. My curve ball was high and was easily hit. I was able to hit my spots most of the time but I had a bad inning in the 4th. Instead of throwing a fastball I whipped my body out early and threw sliders right down the middle giving 4 runs up.

Pitched 100 today. Gave up 7 runs. Curve ball was better. Arm feels ok. I was happy with my pitching even though lots of runs and lost. I feel I’m progressing. Balked in a run because I didn’t come to set. I need to shorten my stretch mechanics and work on pick offs

Pitched 60 today on a short week due to Easter. Arm was a bit tired yesterday , but felt fine today. Pitched a shut out in 5 innings. I want to say I did great , but the other team was just … But I did good on my part 8) . Working on my change, but one got smacked. I dont know if its my location or they just dont respect my fastball. R hip hurts since last week, dont know if its from pitching or batting. I get 1.5 weeks off and will take it easy in practice. Coach aint gana like it.

Bad outing. I was off one week for spring break which was good because I had an injury. But, came in to start a game and I could not hit the broad side of a barn. Walked a bunch in the first two innings and was yanked. Went to my pitching instructor who instantly saw a drastic change in my mechanics and changed it back. I think its fixed. But will coach pitch me again , sigh. Well only two more weeks and baseball, Summer here I come !

Pitched 2 innings and got yanked. My mechs are off and errors on the field got in my head. Re worked my mechs and I think I got it back. One more game left in the season , but I might not see the bump due to my last outing. No biggie. I be ready for summer.

Had our banquet yesterday. I received most improved award. I guess being a Fresh it’s sorta easy to get that lol. Batted 400+ and made league first team. I am happy. Hopefully my pitching will come back around. There are good JV pitchers coming up. At least me batting is solid.

itched 60 today on a short week due to Easter. Arm was a bit tired yesterday , but felt fine today. Pitched a shut out in 5 innings. I want to say I did great , but the other team was just … But I did good on my part Cool . Working on my change, but one got smacked. I dont know if its my location or they just dont respect my fastball. R hip hurts since last week, dont know if its from pitching or batting. I get 1.5 weeks off and will take it easy in practice. Coach aint gana like it. :oops: 8) :?

Average pithers speed

Woot season is about to start! Last week of basketball. I gotta get serious on my bullpens.

Got off basketball season and now in baseball, so I have a late start compared to the other players. So for, it seems I’ll be the #2 pitcher. I have taken the whole off season developing my mechanics, changes and tweaking every other week. Thankfully I found the Holy Grail 3 weeks ago and despite having minimal bullpens, I throw hard and accurate. Now hitting is a bummer. I was starting #4 batter last year. I have been tweaking my batting mechanics in the off season and again just figure out a new one a few weeks ago. Unfortunately the timing of the new swing is a bit different. And unfortunately we have a new Varsity head coach that doesn’t know my history and we don’t have good BP sessions.
I pitched 2 inning last weekend in an alumni game and struck out 6. But I think the Alums were rusty and OLD. scrimmage today. Hope I get some bump time.

Keep it up! Love following your log. Time for baseball season again.

Pitched one inning on Monday. One Pop, K, and a ground out. Coach called only FB and curve, no change up (sigh). Got one at bat and walked (sigh). Cant prove I can hit to the coach if I walk. I had a good BP session yesterday but it was in the cage and coach was not looking, but it gave me more confidence in my swing. 78 degrees today in Los Angeles and hitting low 80s rest of the week.

My OBP is 1.000 ! But my BA is 0.000 LOL. 3 PA and 3 BB in 3 games. Sigh… Ok, I pitched 1 1/3 innings yesterday. Closed and got the win. Got the last three outs with 3 pitches. Im lucky to get playing time because couch favors upperclassman, no matter what.

Starting on the bump tomorrow . Fingers crossed. Hey that could be a new pitch. CrossFingered Fastball.

How’d your start go?

Ack the start went bad. The ump gave me no corners, so when I threw it down the middle they hit it. Worse thing was i hit 4 pop ups in the game. But then I went to the cages recently and regroved my swing and have been hitting line drives. I got a line drive triple just over the F7 and a chopper single on a curve ball. Closed a game with for one out (sight) with a K. Its an up and down season so far. But Im happy with my pitch mechs and batting mechs. Just got to be able to prove it.

Trust your stuff. Not every outing works out but you’ll have plenty of good ones coming your way.