2012 Bat Rule?

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11257205&ab=TopBanner_Bats_CIFBBCOR_20110118&cp=2460170.10992401.10992408

I know this is a pitching forum, but does anyone know if this bat is legal for 2012 high school play? It says its BBCOR certified so it should be alright, but I just want to clarify before wasting $300.

just did some research and it is legal for 2012

It is a BBCOR bat and is legal for play both in HS and College in 2012, I don’t know why if bats are BBCOR certified and have the same Batted Batt Coefficient, is it worth spending the money on bats that have the same requirements as lower priced BBCOR bats?

The rule says

"For the 2011 NCAA baseball league, and the 2012 HSAA baseball leagues, all bats certified by BESR are illegal and cannot be used in a game.

Bat requirements:
-Must be certified by BBCOR
-Cannot have a Compostie Barrel
-Must be -3
-Cannot be all compostie (Composite handled bats are permited)

These new requirements will take effect in the:

-2011 season for NCAA
-2012 season for HSAA

Legion has already gotten rid of any composite BESR bats but still allows alloy BESR for 2011 only.

In 2012 Legion, NFHS and NCAA will all use BBCOR certified bats only, or wood of course.

I am not sure about Senior Babe Ruth, Babe Ruth, Cal Ripken, Little League etc. but I would assume they are similar.

If I were still playing in 2012 I would just invest in a few good wood bats since these BBCOR are designed to perform similarly to wood bats anyways.

Unless the little league says you have to use drop 3 bats, than this rule doesnt take effect.

But let me clear something up. BBCOR are NOT wooden bats, they are still alluminum, they are designed to HIT the ball like wooden bats, what they’ve done is make the bat denser inside (about the density of a wooden bat). So they still require BBCOR, but wooden bats are still illegal.

But I would recomend buying a couple for BP.

Since when are wooden bats illegal? I know they are legal in American Legion.

BBCOR are not wood but they are designed to perfrom simalarly to wood. If you pick up one of the new BBCOR bats they are weighted like wood, if it weren’t for the grip they would feel just like it. The object of the new bat standard is to lower the trampoline effect to make batted ball speeds lower on average. They still will perform probably a little better than wood but I’ve personally found more success with wood than BBCOR aluminum. Just pick the bat you have a feel for I guess. Since i can no longer use my exogrid I’ve just been using wood with some pine-tar.

When I say illegal I mean in HSAA, NCAA, and other non-wooden bat leagues.

After playing a season of college ball with the new bats, it seems they still have the same pop as the old bats, just a smaller sweet spot. The cheap homeruns are taken away and the old flare base hits turn into pop outs to the infielders, but the ball will still travel just as well if squared up. Hell, our catcher hit 15 homeruns with the new bat.

I believe if you read the new rules carefully you will see that wood bats are still legal under NCAA and NFHS rules. The BBCOR standard applies to “non-wood” bats. I have heard of no league specifically excluding wood bats. Some state high school associations (CA and VA I believe) have adopted the BBCOR standard a year early.

Kansas has adopted the BBCOR standard for next season!

Where do the rules outlaw wood bats?

i think its retarded

ur one to talk

ur one to talk[/quote]

Who ever says the rule is “retarded” isn’t to smart. This rule will help college and high school players be more ready for the majors and minors. You can’t use aluminum bats forever! This rule is just going to make the bats have a little less bounce , like a wooden bat.

This

[quote=“Austin#34”]Unless the little league says you have to use drop 3 bats, than this rule doesnt take effect.

But let me clear something up. BBCOR are NOT wooden bats, they are still alluminum, they are designed to HIT the ball like wooden bats, what they’ve done is make the bat denser inside (about the density of a wooden bat). So they still require BBCOR, but wooden bats are still illegal.

But I would recomend buying a couple for BP.[/quote]

Nobody said BBCOR were wooden bats. Reading comprehension.

That wasnt in response to that I was trying to respond to your question earlier in the post

What question are you talking about?

Where do the rules outlaw wood bats?[/quote]