2011 Winter Update

I have had the chance to start throwing again consistently for a while now and today i did a little flat ground work. I think i have gained a good amount of velocity since last year, around 6-8 mph. I have been putting emphasis on the scap load and really pulling down at the end of my throws. A few updates…
Age-15 (freshman)
Height-68 inches
Weight-160

I have put on a solid 10-15 pounds since i last posted my mechanics on here around September of 2010, and i think i have improved a lot. What are some things you see that could be improved? The first one is just a power throw after moving in from about 120 feet.(jaeger long toss) I would go back farther, but i don’t have enough room. Anyways what are some things i could do better?

Hey your mechanics look pretty good. You have some nice hip shoulder seperation. Is there any way you could post a video from the side at all. Just another perspective on your mechanics is all i’m after.

Thanks, yeah i could try to get a side angle. A front angle would be nice too. I’m not sure when i will be able to tape again though. I usually throw in a gym twice a week and then in this shed once, but i have pitching lessons next weekend, so i won’t have a chance to tape. I will be sure to get some better angles as soon as possible.

Anyone else see anything wrong?

[quote=“beaver26”]Thanks, yeah i could try to get a side angle. A front angle would be nice too. I’m not sure when i will be able to tape again though. I usually throw in a gym twice a week and then in this shed once, but i have pitching lessons next weekend, so i won’t have a chance to tape. I will be sure to get some better angles as soon as possible.

Anyone else see anything wrong?[/quote]
In the last video you don’t follow all the way through, and this can be indicative of leaving momentum behind.

The 2nd video it looks you learn towards first on your follow through some.

Also, we can see more mechanical flaws if you are on a mound, that would be nice to see as well, but I like what I see. You are powerful and deliberate when you throw.

I see what you mean on my follow through from the stretch. I think i was probably getting lazy with it. Will have to focus on that. I won’t be pitching on a mound for a little while yet, since yesterday was the first of me pitching at all. But i will get some video when i do. Until then, does anything else stand out?

Everything else from what I can see looks fine, but once again, that is only one angle.

Just remember when trying to work on the follow through that you should still be explosive all the way through the motion. This will ensure that you are giving your whole body to the motion.

I was able to throw today, and i got a few more views that you asked for. I think last weeks looked a lot better. Here it seems to me that i am opening a little early, and also that my leg kick is different. A little less explosive or something. I don’t like the way my foot turns toward first after i throw either. Part of that my be the surface though. Anyways what do you think? What do i need to work on?

You got the best mechanics i’ve seen for a freshy :lol: just kidding about the freshy part.

Thanks, sophy :lol: (just kidding)