2008 with xander H

Name: Alexander “xander” Harrison
born : June 29 1992, age 15
bats/throws R/R
weight/height: 150lbs/5’6
sesaon targets:
-become clear ace of the team and bring us sucess
-maybe to grow a little
-gain more muscle mass (I put on 20lbs over the offseason)
-to fully master and control knuckler and curve
-to get into the men’s senior team by next year
TRAINING
not started training outdoors yet, but started pitching this thursday indoors, tryin to work out signs etc
any way 1st start is for scotland against england on april 12th, have to get some good training in cause it doesnt look like we stand much of a chance :frowning:

did some throwing outside today, felt good, will be doing some serious work indoors tomorow night, and have training outside sunday afternoon

training indoors tonite, did a tiring warm up, some light throwing, a little long toss at the full length of the hall (130ft)
pitching
did live pitching to a hitter(bad hitter), got plenty of explosion from my fastball blowing it by the hitter, i have seriously lost the feeling for my curve, it wasn’t breaking, thats something to work on between now and april, the knuckler was ok, it was nasty sometimes but i still need to stop bouncing it like 5ft from the plate like i sometimes do, the guy hit one of them but it was a pop up. Got home and did some push ups and squats.
next training sunday 12 noon

training tonite at 6, shoulder was stiff from last nite, done some light throwing and felt better, done a little pitching and had a trick pitch competition with 2 other pitchers, i think i won, arm hurt after a bit and took a rest, time to rest up tomorrow before sunday

woke up late today andthought that i had grown some :o
measured myself and i was nerly 5’7, weight myself also and was 152 lbs, gained 3 since wednesday

went to training outdoors today, didnt do any pitching, looked heavilly at mechanics and did some long toss at about 160ft, arm felt great, did some fielding at 3rd, only mised 2 of about 30 or so plays so i’ve not lost it, and i was making the throw over to 1st easilly as well

went to indoor training tonite, did the usual tiring warm up, been working on leg strength a lot this week so it felt very wierd when i was running, didn’t do much throwing but my arm felt strong and i was getting a lot of power into my throws with minimum effort, didn’t do any pitching but my arm strength is getting rigt back up near the start of the season which is good

trining at the field on sunday afternoon, did not do much throwing, looked at mechanics heavilly again and worked out that i gain more power from standing upright and going throughthe ball instead of keeping a low centre of gravity, did some field work and once again i was on form and went home

was really sick on sunday nite had a big dinner and threw it up 10 minutes lateri stayed off school today and hrdly eat anything, i lost a bit of weight and im down to almost 140lbs, not sure if this is a crisis or not, even though i was not eating i was still doing excercises, this may be good as i may be losing fat to gain muscle but i’m really not sure

stted eating again, did some short long toss, about 100ft, threw about 10 pitches,knuckler is coming on well

did lots of live pitching to batters tonite, seriously lost control of the fastball at first but regained it and was keeping it down well, the curve was back in buisiness, froze people a couple of times, blowig the fastball by people as well, knuckler is so so
wasn’t happy that i was laving a lot of pitches over the middle of the plate, some of the better hitters in the team were crushing these pitches but overall a poitive nite
in all around 40 -50 pitches, good workout before the start of the season

pitched for the first time off a mound since october, threw some fastballs an got my bearings, threw a bit of BP followed by more live pitching, arm felt really good

did an intense workout last nite, now weigh 140 lbs, i should lose weight from fat before i gain weight from muscle

threw about 20 pitches tonite, fastball was rally exploding,curve was good but i was leaving it hish quite alot, knuckler still isnt perfect, need to work on it

threw about 15 pitches at 80% power today, felt good, lft a few over the middle of the plate but I painted the corners nicely with a few

threw 12 pitches, 8 fastballs, 3 curves and a knuckler, fastball was explodong well, curve lookedgood knuckler is getting there, had a bit of tightness in my right hamstring for the last few days
next week:
wednesday & thursday 2 day training camp with scotland team
friday travel day to manchester
saturday- first game of season vs. england

didnt start in our scotland game on saturday, we got crushed
10-2

the starter for us went 5 innings, he threw some serious heat but he was all over th place gving p lots of walks and 10 earned runs, pinch hit for the starter an knocked a run in from 2nd
took to the mound in the 6th down 10-2 I had a tough job ofkeeping the damage to a minimum.
didnt use the curve at all, mostly fastball and changeup, and only a couple of knucklers
in the 6th I went 3 up 3 down, a popout to 3rd, a strikieout on a low fastball and a groundout on a comebacker
in the 7th I walked the leadoff man, then got the out at 2nd on a fielders choice, the next guy hit a grounder through the hole between 2nd & 3rd, then a popout followed by another walk left the bases loaded with 2 out, the hitter hit a line drive to the outfield but it was pretty much straight at the left fielder and I got out of the inning with no damage

so overall the line was
2 IP
0 ER
1 K
1 H
2 POPOUTS
2 GROUNDOUTS
1 LINEOUT

its dissappointing we lost but I can look at my own performance as a possitive and its great to get into the season

didnt start in our scotland game on saturday, we got crushed
10-2

the starter for us went 5 innings, he threw some serious heat but he was all over th place gving p lots of walks and 10 earned runs, pinch hit for the starter an knocked a run in from 2nd
took to the mound in the 6th down 10-2 I had a tough job ofkeeping the damage to a minimum.
didnt use the curve at all, mostly fastball and changeup, and only a couple of knucklers
in the 6th I went 3 up 3 down, a popout to 3rd, a strikieout on a low fastball and a groundout on a comebacker
in the 7th I walked the leadoff man, then got the out at 2nd on a fielders choice, the next guy hit a grounder through the hole between 2nd & 3rd, then a popout followed by another walk left the bases loaded with 2 out, the hitter hit a line drive to the outfield but it was pretty much straight at the left fielder and I got out of the inning with no damage

so overall the line was
2 IP
0 ER
1 K
1 H
2 POPOUTS
2 GROUNDOUTS
1 LINEOUT

its dissappointing we lost but I can look at my own performance as a possitive and its great to get into the season

today was my debut for the mens team, didnt pitch at all

we lost 9-4

I played terible, had no plate discipline, swung for pitches that were way high, their pitcher was good bt hittable, aout 20, threw low-mid 80’s with apretty dead curve and a nice tailing fasball

went 0-3 with 2 K’s, liked the wooden bats, I playe the ull 9 innings at 3B, very tiring with a 9 inninggame in the hot sun

practiced pitching tonite, worked plenty of fastballs, got great explosion from them, seem faster than ever

however, my secondary pitches were dreadfull, the curve wasn’t breaking much, and I kept bouncing the knuckler before the plate no matter how hard I tried to keep it up.

will definately be pitching on sunday for the mens team as its a double header, but now its not looking so good