2007 Season

My first game was quite a rough one for me and my team. We played an out of conference rival.

Pitching: 2 Innings, 2 hits, 8 runs, 1 walk, 0 Earned Runs, 1 K

Hitting: 2-3 Single, Strikeout, Walk, Double, 2 Runs, 2 RBI’s

Final Score: 13-6

Them- 13 runs, 9 hits, 1 error
Us- 6 runs, 12 hits, 6 errors, I believe 13 LOB

I’m on the JV team by the way. I’m a freshman. 6’1 170lb. I throw 4 seamer, Circle Change, and Curveball

Second Game

Lehighton JV at. Pocono Mountain East JV

Final Score

3 4 2
6 10 1

Pitching:

CG 6 IP, 6 R, 6 ER, 1K, 1 BB

Hitting:

0-2 HBP

Let a two out bases loaded double in the bottom of the sixth for them to break out to a 6-3 lead. Our offense floundered all game. Dissapointed in myself for about three bad pitches that led to all six runs.

Our Record: (0-2) (0-1)

Third Game

Lehighton at East Stroudburg North

8 9 3
15 11 1

Pitching: Didn’t pitch

Hitting: 1-4 Walk 2 RBI

Our Record: (1-2) (1-1)

Fourth Game

Pocono Mountain West at Lehighton

2 6 1
5 5 1

Pitching: Didn’t Pitch

Hitting: 0-0 Walk

Our record: (2-2) (2-1)

Fifth Game

Pleasant Valley at Lehighton

This was an important game to me. Pleasant Valley is a dominating force in the conference and came in 4-1 overall.

6 12 0
4 7 4

Pitching: Start: 6 IP, 4 Runs, 3 ER, 9 Hits, 1 K, 2 HBP, 0 Walk

Hitting: DH in effect

After I was relieved our pitcher let 2 runs which made it a 6-2 game. We came back and scored two and left runners on third and second to end the game. A tough loss.

Our Record: (2-3) (2-2)

Status Report:

So far this year. I’ve struggled at the plate with pulling the ball and not taking it to the opposite field but have worked hard and are finally pulling out of the slump. As for pitching. It’s been a tough go. Inconsistent weather and scheduling has been a hassle. My fastball has been good. The change up needs a little work. My curveball is exactly where I want it at this point. It’s been falling out of the zone great so far this year. My control with pitching and inside has been a little off but I’ve kept the ball down so far.

My Grades:

Offense- C-
Pitching- B-
Defense- A-
Focus- A-
Team Play- B-

6th Game

Lehighton at Tamaqua

2 8 5
7 7 1

Terrible game for our team. Defense was terrible. Our coach took the wrong approach to the game. He didn’t play our normal starters because it was an out of conference game which I found stupid. We had a late rally to make it 4-2 but they tacked on to finish it up.

Hitting: 2-2 Double, Single, Run Scored

7th Game

Lehighton at Stroudsburg

1 4 3
5 8 0

Another crappy game for our team. Defense was horrible again. We gave up so many extra bases on routine hits. The bats were dead. We had two hits going into the last inning. Number 8 hitter grounded into a double play to end the game with the bases loaded. I pitched good. Control was good. Had a bases loaded no out jam. Got a pop up followed by a strikeout and then let a little end of the bat flare into left which scored their first two runs.

Pitching: CG, 5 Runs, 3 ER, 8 Hits, 4 K’s, 1 HBP, 0 Walks

Hitting: 0-2 Strikeout, Walk, Very Frustrating

Our Record: (2-5)(2-3)

8th Game

East Stroudburg North at Lehighton

6 5 3
13 12 1

Decent game today. Pitcher for today’s game came down from varsity. Things weren’t working out. He had almost no control. He hit six batters in going the distance. The game was tied 6-6 going into the bottom of the sixth. We put seven on the board. Good Win. Huge game tomorrow against rival town.

I figured it out today that so far. I’ve started against the 1st and 2nd team in our conference and through this year I’ve posted a 4.20 ERA. Which isn’t too bad. Tomorrow we face a big rival who happens to lead their conference. I get the start.

Hitting: 3-4 2 Doubles, Single, 3 Runs, 1 RBI, K

Our Record: (3-5) (3-3)

9th Game

Lehighton at Jim Thorpe

Big game for us. We came out hittin the ball hard. Scored first. Then allowed one unearned run. We went back and fourth until the sixth when we put three on them to make it 7-4 and we shut it down and got the W after that.

Pitching: 5 IP, 4 Runs, 3 ER, 6 Hits, 1 K, 1 Walk, Got the Win

Offense: 2-4 2 Runs

Our Record: (4-5) (3-3)

10th Game

Lehighton at East Stroudsburg South (Game 1)

10 14 1
3 4 2

We played this game from the second inning. Only played five innings due to a double header. Came out hit the ball hard and pitching and defense was solid. Good Win.

Offense: 1-2 Double, HBP, 1 RBI, 2 Runs

Our Record: (5-5) (4-3)

11th Game

Lehighton at East Stroudsburg South (Game 2)

5 9 1
4 5 2

Offense came out flat after crushing the ball in game one of the doubleheader. Pitching was alright. Bad control by the starter didn’t help our defense. Game became very close in the end. I came in, in the last inning with the bases loaded and no outs with a 5-1 score. A blown double play resulting in no outs and one run scored made it 5-2. A foul ball resulted in a sac fly making it 5-3. A bloop single made it 5-4. A strikeout followed by a walk followed by a pop out sealed the pressure cooker bases loaded situation. A good win but it should have never been this close.

Pitching: Save, 1 IP, 3 Runs, 0 ER, 1 K, 1 BB

Offense: 1-2 Run, K

Our Record: (6-5) (5-3)

Big game tomorrow vs. our (8-2) conference rival. I got the loss but pitched a great game last time against them. I get the start.

12th Game

Stroudsburg at Lehighton

6 7 1
5 7 4

Defense was horrid. My control was way off after coming back to pitch on back to back days. We left the bases loaded twice. My coach mis managed the game and only got me one at bat in the game which I took down the line for a double. Very unhappy currently

Pitching: 3 IP, 6 Runs, 3 Earned, 4 Walks, 1 K

Offense: 1-1 Double

Our Record: (6-6)(5-4)

13th Game

Lehighton at Pleasant Valley

0 3 3
18 15 1

Well they killed us. We used 5 pitchers in four innings and it was horrible. Our coach told us that we were gonna screw this game before it was played. We pitched guys to find out things. It was horrible.

Offense: 0-2

Our Record: (6-7)(5-5)

14th Game

Lehighton at Pocono Mt. West

5 7 5
7 8 0

Once again came down to our defense. It was horrible. It just seems like I’m watching every one of my starts over and over. Good pitches. Ground balls. Errors. I just don’t know what to do. We finish our conference season below five hundred.

Pitching: CG 8 Hits 7 Runs 3 ER 1 K 3 Walks 1 HBP

Offense: 1-4 Run

Our Record: (6-8 ) (5-6)

Season In Review

Total Stats:

Offense: 14-32 .438 12 Runs 6 RBI 4 Walks 5 Doubles

Pitching: (1-5) 1 Save 35 IP 48 H 21 ER 10 K’s 10 BB 4.20 ERA

Well I hit pretty good this year. Need to work on upper body strength to hit for more power. Need to consistently hit to the opposite field more. My record for pitching was horrible but I pitched against the top teams in our conference so a 4.20 ERA isn’t horrible. I’d really like to get the hits down and the strikeouts up.

Team: (6-8 )(5-6)

Well, I’m now in a new season playing on my jr. babe ruth team, the Franklin Township Cheifs. I pitch and I play first. I’m the second man in our rotation behind my best friend who was on varsity this year. We had a good season last year but got knocked out in the playoffs. We have a great team and we have all but one guy returning. I haven’t posted on here in a while so I’ll post my regular season numbers.

At. Lansford Kryjericks

Win 8-7

0-3 walk, rbi

5 Innings, 6 Runs, 0 ER, 4 K, 3 Walks, 7 Hits, ND

I had a rough game. I wasn’t keeping the ball down and I couldn’t control my circle change. We had a lot of errors and we came back to win. It should have been an easy win and we played down big time. Got the win and that’s all the matters.

We knew this would be a fairly easy game coming in against a poor team. We played a great game. No errors. Solid defense and timely hitting.

Vs. Jim Thorpe Royals

Win 14-0

1-2 2 BB, 3 R, 1 SB

Our Record: (2-0)

We played down again. We faced a very slow pitcher and we were so early on all his pitches. We were down until the fourth inning then we jumped on them and showed our real team makeup. Good game for us. Solid but bats were slow out of the gate.

At. Franklin Township Colonels

Win 10-4

2-3 walk, rbi, run,

CG, Win, 7 Innings, 4 Runs, 3 ER, 7 K, 2 Walks, 3 Hits

Our Record: (3-0)

We’ll our bats were sluggish again but came on midway through the game. Clutch hits and stellar defense gave us the win.

Vs. Franklin Township Patriots

Win 8-4

1-3 double, rbi

I have been frustrated with my hitting this year. I haven’t hit the ball real hard so far. I felt myself coming out of that a bit in my last at bat when I double off the fence.

Our Record: (4-0)