2007 high school year

thus far, we haven’t had a chance to play a game, either snow or rain, our next scheduled game is thursday, but it won’t happen because of more snow, so far we’ve had one scrimmage, where i went 4 innings, 11 k’s, 1 bb, 0 hits, 0 runs, and threw 46 pitches

sorry to hear about the rain and snow. we’ve fair weather here where i’m from. congrats on the scrimmage sounds like you did good work. keep that arm in shape so you’ll be ready for when you do play.

11 ks = at least 33 pitches. The walk = at least 4 more. That brings us to 37. and you only threw 9 more pitches in addition, bringing you up to 46.

Very nice.

[quote=“andrew.ra.”]11 ks = at least 33 pitches. The walk = at least 4 more. That brings us to 37. and you only threw 9 more pitches in addition, bringing you up to 46.

Very nice.[/quote]it was a good day haha, i hope i can be on liek that in games now

another good scrimmage today, 3 innings, 46 pitches, 8 k’s, 1 bb, 0 runs, 0 hits…im scheduled to start the first game of the year next tuesday against the defending region champions, their ranked 10th in the state

Awesome progress Tanner! Good luck at your next game!

Tanner, I know you throw hard. How much do you rely on the heat?

What would you say the ratio is between your fastballs to changes to breaking balls?

I bet that you could get by throwing 90 percent fastballs if you move them around well, painting the black.

[quote=“lbarber4”]Awesome progress Tanner! Good luck at your next game![/quote]I can’t play, the Dr. revealed that my elbow has a stretched ligament, aka inflammation…and I can’t throw at all for 2 weeks, then I have to start out at 70-80 percent for a week and gradually go up…btw…mri’s suck to take

[quote=“andrew.ra.”]Tanner, I know you throw hard. How much do you rely on the heat?

What would you say the ratio is between your fastballs to changes to breaking balls?

I bet that you could get by throwing 90 percent fastballs if you move them around well, painting the black.[/quote]60 percent fastballs, 30 percent changeups, 10 percent curveballs

Sorry to hear about that, Tanner. But, remember the big picture. You’ve got most of the season left as well as college just around the corner. Take care of that arm.

the team lost 4-0 yesterday, i got to dh and went 1-3, we had 1 error and gave up maybe 5 hits, proved to be a day when we just couldnt hit the ball, as for my elbow, i havent even used my right arm for anything xpt hitting, which shouldnt effect it, its getting very stiff, which is a good sign, meaning the ligament is tightening back up and gaining strength, hopefulyl in 11 days its all good and i can start throwing slowly again