2-seam92,4-seam89?

OK here we go,My sons 23,a righty, just finished college baseball,did not get drafted.He has gone to tree tryouts here in TX. this last few weeks.Nationals,Pirates,Astros. In all of the tryouts his 2seam was 91-92 and his 4 seam was 88-89.We know his 4 seam should be faster than his 2 seam but we can’t figure it out.Would appreciate some educated advice on this.Thanks Alot,Terry

well thats good speed as my fastball tops out at 90-…18 yrs old

But I experiment and study alot.

1. Pshycological- Your son might be throwing the two seam harder just to get more movement on his pitch but in reality you need to sacrfice velocity for greater movement. Since a 4 seam straight he’ll just throw mediocre.
  2. His 4 seam grip. Maybe his thumb is pullin down the seam under the index and middle finger. rather than it being off to the right or perhaps to deep in his hand that he is choking it.
  3. Stiff wrist. 4 seam is generally a straight pitch with some movement do to the high rate of velocity and rotation. Keep his wrist as lose as possible.

Thats all I can think of because it 3:30 am lol

GOODNIGHT AND GOOD LUCK

HOPE TO SEE HIM AT THE TOP

We went to an Orioles tryout in Seguin today,We worked a little with his thumb placement and got his 4 seam up to 92, the same as his 2 seam.So we’ll keep adjusting and fine tunning to get to what ever max he can arrive at. Thanks alot,RawTalent, Hope you got some sleep,Terry [/b]

Hey your welcome but i have a question

I hit like 88 constant how did your son make it that high.

Any workouts or something?

im interested into hitting that hard

My son Clint,when he was a senior in HS topped out at 88.He went to a juco and worked hard on longtoss.After a year he was around 91-92.He then transfered to a 4 year program and after his soph year had to have Tommy John.he’s now two years out of TJ and getting his velocity back. I belive all the rehab and now his long toss program has helped his arm strength.Right now he throws three hard longtosses a week,three bullpens a week,gets his running in and works out at Golds gym every other night(Light on arms,Heavy on core and leggs)Hope this helps,Terry

O see i just graduated HIgh school last year and was at 83-85 my senior yr.

I throw everyday never ice or anything

So now I top out at like 88-90 but i wanna break it and hit around 92-94 so i can enter the draft next yr.

I was looking for some workouts.

I dont think i will get TJ because i have fluid mechanics and never had pain in my arm b4 but i still need an increase.

I keep getting bogus answers like take steroids

[quote=“RawTalent”]O see i just graduated HIgh school last year and was at 83-85 my senior yr.

I throw everyday never ice or anything

So now I top out at like 88-90 but i wanna break it and hit around 92-94 so i can enter the draft next yr.

I was looking for some workouts.

I dont think i will get TJ because i have fluid mechanics and never had pain in my arm b4 but i still need an increase.

I keep getting bogus answers like take steroids[/quote]

Thought about Tuff Cuff? It’s Steve’s workout manual and its pretty much exactly what you seem to be looking for.

yea im saving up i quit my job couple months back to start training
so now im saving up to get it

[quote=“RawTalent”]yea im saving up i quit my job couple months back to start training
so now im saving up to get it[/quote]

Its definitely worth every penny.